Frontend Widgets-Need a Video Tutorial
  • I have noticed there are almost no YouTube tutorials on setting up or using Airtime. I really could use a video on setting up the frontend widgets. I've read the wiki and the manual and still have no idea where to even start.

Anyone out there willing to make a YouTube tutorial? I'm sure others would appreciate it as much as I would : )
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Micz FlorMicz Flor
    Hi Lisa,

we did a few screencasts in the early days. But they were not used as much as I had thought. Do you have experience with making screencasts? If so, please don't let your daily work stop you and contribute some via YouTube :)

I will try to find the time to make one about the widgets asap. But give me a week. Which pages did you read through? Please post the links so we can improve them, too.

Thanks, micz
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    for me as a user the advanced config-sections of the manual would be most interesting to see vids from.

though I would also help creating tutorial-videos for basic topics.
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • I've never made a screencast but I'm sure I could figure it out but the last thing I should be making a video about is setting up or configuring Airtime LOL.

• Vote Up0Vote Down Claudia CruzClaudia Cruz
    Lisa you can start here:

http://www.screencast-o-matic.com

I've also created photo tutorials like these (just in case you want to try it too):

https://plus.google.com/photos/104508828464309528823/albums/5805144226196473425

@ccruz
    Post edited by Claudia Cruz at 2013-04-22 10:53:06
    Claudia L. Cruz
    @ccruz
  • My Screen Recorder Pro is an excellent screencasting tool. Records your screen and audio from the speakers or your voice from the microphone - or both simultaneously. The recordings are clear and look great when played back on your PC or uploaded to YouTube. It will record directly to AVI, WMV, MP4, or FLV. Just perfect for creating tutorials, demos, and presentations. Plus, there are no limits on recording length.
  • Well the best linux and the simplest I have used is

http://screenstudio.crombz.com/

I use it for my video diary

Requirements:
    • Linux (Tested on Ubuntu 14.04) works also on Fedora
    • avconv (Often already installed with Ubuntu by installing libav-tools 9.x)
    • JRE 6.x (OpenJDK is available for Ubuntu)
    • A webcam (Optional)
    • enough disk space on your harddisk if you want to record locally
    • An account with some provider like Youtube Live, Ustream to broadcast live!
    • libJNA installed (if the one provided does not work)
    • For dependencies: sudo apt-get install default-jre libav-tools libjna-java
    • Works with Pulse Audio (had a few problems with Alsa

Open Broadcaster now have a Linux version testing ,had little issues but its great also

Here is come video on using and installing

features

http://youtu.be/aM498rlpufU?list=PLafpvuu1Qsl7sD6fv8uUXWPWlfBEevBP9

Uses

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • and also I found this under screen cast

http://www.sourcefabric.org/en/resources/screencasts/?page=5

Producing Screencasts on Ubuntu

Author:Micz Flor
    Software: | Version:

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-10-13 18:13:40
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.