Shoutcast Server
  • Hi all,

I installed Airtime and Shoutcast on the same server, I was wondering if I could use the shoutcast port to stream, as while entering the info in the seetings I keep getting 

Getting information from the server...

I tested the stream and its fine works well on Mixxx and works well from another Airtime server. It just can't connect to the same server. So is it possible that Airtime connects to to a shoutcast on the same server. Thanks

And I followed the instructions to modify my station time but its still stuck to UTC time, any advise?? 

Thank you 
  • 8 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    regarding the server time... did you read this? => http://en.flossmanuals.net/airtime/setting-the-time/
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Yeah applied but station time still the same.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    you can have 2 instances of shoucast on the same server
    but on differents ports ...
  • I can't figure how to make it work. The shoutcast that I installed is open on port 8040. Everything is fine if i connect to Mixxx or from another Airtime server. In the server url should I put the ip, server host name, localhost or 127.0.0.1??
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    nope 127.0.0.1 is only for local access from/to the machine
    you need a real ip adress (who can be local too) 192.168.x.x or directly accessible from internet

• I used the server ip but that didn't work :-/ still doesn't want to connect and stays 

Getting information from the server

• I SOLVED IT GUYS :D THANK YOU!!!

Re-installing airtime solved all the problems... shoutcast and the station time

apt-get --purge remove airtime
    apt-get install airtime
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    good to hear! mark as solved in the title.
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.