New installation on Ubuntu 12.04. Unable to connect to objavi server, unable to create own
  • Greetings.
    When I installed Booktype, thinkgs seemed to work well. I was able to go on my site @0.0.0.0.0:8080. When I try to publish it gives me the error:
    "Unknown error while trying to publish this book."

I went through the installation for Objavi and at the last point, when you tart it, I got the error:
     ./scripts/create_site /var/www/objavi
    + Trying to import Django...  [OK]
    + Trying to import lxml...  [OK]
    + Trying to import redis...  [OK]
    + Trying to import djcelery...  [OK]
    + Trying to import booki...  [ERROR]

edit: I get to the last step and I never reach the POST_INSTALL

Post edited by K.Obibini at 2013-03-21 22:34:52
  • 14 Comments sorted by
  • Ok, so let us assume (just an example) you downloaded Booktype source into /usr/local/src/Booktype/ directory. This is not where you have create Booktype site but where the source is downloaded from github.
    In that case you should start that script above as:

./scripts/create_site --with-booktype /usr/local/src/Booktype/ /var/www/objavi_site/

Try this exact  line above but instead of "/usr/local/src/Booktype/" insert correct path.
  • Well, you should have source for Objavi and Booktype at different locations. Something like:
      /home/Kof/src/Booktype/
      /home/Kog/src/Objavi/

and then you should do:
     cd /home/Kog/src/Objavi/
     ./scripts/create_site --with-booktype /home/Kof/src/Booktype/ /var/www/objavi_site/
  • If your server has public IP (where you are running Booktype) and is accessible from outside you could easily use objavi.booktype.pro (predefined configuration) for Objavi server.

When it comes to the installation, it was late when i was answering and I made a silly typo. It should not be Kof and Kog like i answered before. Let me try again :)

Well, you should have source for Objavi and Booktype at different locations. Something like:

/home/Kof/src/Booktype/
      /home/Kof/src/Objavi/

and then you should do:
     cd /home/Kof/src/Objavi/
     ./scripts/create_site --with-booktype /home/Kof/src/Booktype/ /var/www/objavi_site/
  • It is OK, but you probably would like to organise it a bit and have it in /usr/local/src/ or maybe /home/Kof/src/ directory.
  • Hello.

The installation of Objavi requires some Python modules from Booktype.  Use the "--with-booktype" command line parameter when invoking the "create_site" script to specify the location of Booktype sources.

- Borko

• yes. thanks for the comment.
    I changed the command to
    ./scripts/create_site --with-booktype=/Home/mybooktype/Booktype /var/www/objavi
    with the same error.

• still having problems. I tried downgrading to ubuntu 12.04 -- same issue. tried Lubuntu to see if something was just conflicting... same issue. 

I tried installing from
    https://wiki.sourcefabric.org/display/Booktype/How+to+install+it+on+Ubuntu

and I tried from 

https://github.com/aerkalov/booktype-scrolls/wiki/Booktype-Easy-Install

I'm thinking about installing 10.04 to see if it works there...
  • Hi!

Where seems to be the problem? What kind of problems are you having now?

You really don't need to upgrade or downgrade your Ubuntu to make it work.

Aco
  • Well, while I can get Booktype installed fine, when I try to publish a book, I'm left with the error:
    "Unknown error while trying to publish this book."

I go to install Objavi, and it gives me an error at the final part of the installation:
     ./scripts/create_site /var/www/objavi

+ Trying to import Django...  [OK]
    + Trying to import lxml...  [OK]
    + Trying to import redis...  [OK]
    + Trying to import djcelery...  [OK]
    + Trying to import booki...  [ERROR]

Im never able to reach post_install
  • so if my source is located in /home/Kof/Objavi
    my line should be:
     ./scripts/create_site --with-booktype /home/Kof/Objavi /var/www/objavi_site/

I tried that and got
    + Trying to import Django...  [OK]
    + Trying to import lxml...  [OK]
    + Trying to import redis...  [OK]
    + Trying to import djcelery...  [OK]
    + Trying to import booki...  [ERROR]

Post edited by K.Obibini at 2013-03-23 21:44:26
  • hmm. so my account name is "Kof" should I make another account and install Objavi?
  • basically, this is what I'm working with:

I realize that I need to change a line in "settings.py" because it's trying to go to the programmer's server to generate my book.
    I'd like to be able to change it to my objavi server. for some reason, I cant get Objavi to install on my computer.

So my question is this: would it be easier to install it on a shared server somewhere else and link it that way?
  • okay im reinstalling objavi now. is it okay if the data is in /home/Kof/Booktype & /home/Kof/Objavi?
  • got it thanks. I was simply not putting the correct folder name there. now on to post_install