Lost tracks from watched folder after reboot system
  • Hello,

I'm testing Airtime currently with a Ubuntu 12.04. System is working, I can add watch folders and make sure the airtime server is scanning them.
    When I add a large folder (+40.000 tracks) which is a SMB mount to the fileserver and start scanning I notice that the tracks are importing.

After a couple of hours it is finished.

When I restart or shutdown the server to proceed my testings in a later time I noticed that as soon as the server is restarted the media library is not containing the 40.000 tracks any more, but a random number of files somewhere between 10.000 and 15.000. It sometimes start with indicating the 40.000 tracks but after a few minutes the number of tracks drops. 

The SMB mount is mounted correctly, have read/write access and is mounted before airtime server starts. 

Once it is running I didn't noticed any drops so I'm not that worried for production because everything is connected with an UPS. But what if a reboot is necessary, the library can shrink to 1/3th which takes hours to rescan. 

Is there a way to turnoff this automatic scan? And just let the server scan a folder when an admin asks for it ? Or any adia why the media scanner is dropping tracks while they are still available on a share???
    Post edited by Geert Surkijn at 2013-03-19 18:46:37
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • Hello,

I think when you start adding a watch folder which is very large folder it is not advisable to quit the server while it is not completely finished.

I noticed all files are listed inside the database but flagged with file_exists = f
    I deleted all files from the database and started all over, letting the server run without interruption.

Just a thought...