Web Address to Access Airtime
  • Hi again,

I believe in the manual it said a web address could be set up to access Airtime. How do you set up this web address because it appears I missed that step during installation.

Thanks in advance!
    Post edited by Lisa Forbes at 2013-03-20 22:36:44
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • Hi! You'll need to know your machine's IP address. Know how to find it? :)
  • Every machine has multiple IP addresses. You will need to find the one that is public so that you can connect to it from anywhere. Try running

curl ifconfig.me

from the command line. Another question: is your Airtime install on a server? Most servers are connected directly to the internet so that they can be connected to from anywhere. If you're running from a laptop you may be behind a router/firewall that prevents external connections from getting to your computer.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Yes, my Airtime is installed on a server. Since there will be other hosts who will be using the calender and scheduling I thought using a web address would be easier for them to remember.

I have no problems accessing it.

BTW-how do you mark a post resolved?
  • Actually you can only change the title to say resolved. By web address do
    you mean ip address or domain name?
    On Mar 21, 2013 9:45 PM, "Lisa Forbes" <<br />airtime-support@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

> Yes, my Airtime is installed on a server. Since there will be other hosts
    > who will be using the calender and scheduling I thought using a web address
    > would be easier for them to remember.
    >
    > I have no problems accessing it.
    >
    > BTW-how do you mark a post resolved?
    >
    >
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Actually, it is possible to mark a post as 'Closed'. Or at least I get that option at the beginning of the thread as an admin. So perhaps we just need to enable this for all users (or power-up some brave souls as moderators)... what do you think would work best?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    +1
    I would also suggest a sticky Collective Thread for Feature Requests or something like that.
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • @Martin a domain name for my staff to access Airtime

@Adam I think giving users the option would be great. I think the poster should be the one to decide if his issue has been resolved, however, Mods would help to close posts that are obviously abandoned, outdated or off topic. In my experience a combination usually works best.

@ hoerich that as well as the most frequently accessed threads