ls_script.liq modification for scheduled ads
  • I feel like I'm chasing a ghost on the forums a bit. It seems that many people have modified their ls_Script.liq to enable "scheduled ads" or "Scheduled jingles"--in other words, the ads or jingles run at specific times. I see lots of discussions about people making this work, but I can't find an example of a modified script to see it actually happen. Basically I'd like to run the ads over the top of anything currently running. I'd be fine with it fading up over the scheduled audio and then fading back to the scheduled audio. I'm sure I'm dense and am missing the link, but could someone help me out?
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Only problem with this approach is the this is a hack that works "behind
    Airtime's back" and as such, Airtime will not be aware of what's playing
    and show incorrect information via the UI and external widgets.

I've seen people with fallback playlists, please link to topic about
    automatic ad insertion.

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Chris Muldrow <<br />airtime-support@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

> I feel like I'm chasing a ghost on the forums a bit. It seems that many
    > people have modified their ls_Script.liq to enable "scheduled ads" or
    > "Scheduled jingles"--in other words, the ads or jingles run at specific
    > times. I see lots of discussions about people making this work, but I can't
    > find an example of a modified script to see it actually happen. Basically
    > I'd like to run the ads over the top of anything currently running. I'd be
    > fine with it fading up over the scheduled audio and then fading back to the
    > scheduled audio. I'm sure I'm dense and am missing the link, but could
    > someone help me out?
    >
    >
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Martin, I noticed the ability to schedule things at specific times in a playlist appears to be in the development list for 2.4. That would seem to handle this issue, correct?