Application error on Admin Sign-in - Fresh install of Newscoop 4.1.0
  • I have a clean install of Newscoop 4.1.0 on a Linux VPS server.  I installed it with "The New Custodian" theme and starting data.

PHP version 5.3.17 and MySQL version 5.1.66

I can log in to admin through {mydomain}/admin but as soon as I login, I get a blank screen (no menu or anything) that reads:
    An Error has occured - Application error

If I go to the main domain site I get the following:
    Error: The site alias 'mydomain' was not assigned to a publication. Please create a publication and assign it the current site alias.  Which makes sense I guess since I was never able to log into admin and assign an alias to the site.

I have added the following to .htaccess:
    php_flag display_errors 1
    php_value error_reporting E_ALL

Error_Log reads:
    [11-Feb-2013 19:30:27 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getFirstName() on a non-object in /home/tactib/public_html/social/application/layouts/scripts/admin.phtml on line 107
    [11-Feb-2013 19:32:53 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getFirstName() on a non-object in /home/tactib/public_html/social/application/layouts/scripts/admin.phtml on line 107
    [11-Feb-2013 19:33:11 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getFirstName() on a non-object in /home/tactib/public_html/social/application/layouts/scripts/admin.phtml on line 107
    [12-Feb-2013 15:05:17 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Doctrine\ORM\Mapping\MappingException' with message 'Class Newscoop\Entity\Comment is not a valid entity or mapped super class.' in /home/tactib/public_html/social/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/Mapping/MappingException.php:142
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/tactib/public_html/social/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/Mapping/Driver/AnnotationDriver.php(148): Doctrine\ORM\Mapping\MappingException::classIsNotAValidEntityOrMappedSuperClass('Newscoop\Entity...')
    #1 /home/tactib/public_html/social/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/Mapping/ClassMetadataFactory.php(281): Doctrine\ORM\Mapping\Driver\AnnotationDriver->loadMetadataForClass('Newscoop\Entity...', Object(Doctrine\ORM\Mapping\ClassMetadata))
    #2 /home/tactib/public_html/social/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/Mapping/ClassMetadataFactory.php(170): Doctrine\ORM\Mapping\ClassMetadataFactory->loadMetadata('Newscoop\Entity...')
    #3 /home/tactib/public_html/social/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/EntityManager.php(257): Doctrine\ORM in /home/tactib/public_html/social/vendor/bombayworks/zendframework1/library/Zend/Controller/Plugin/Broker.php on line 336
    [12-Feb-2013 15:05:18 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Doctrine\ORM\Mapping\MappingException' with message 'Class Newscoop\Entity\Comment is not a valid entity or mapped super class.' in /home/tactib/public_html/social/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/Mapping/MappingException.php:142
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/tactib/public_html/social/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/Mapping/Driver/AnnotationDriver.php(148): Doctrine\ORM\Mapping\MappingException::classIsNotAValidEntityOrMappedSuperClass('Newscoop\Entity...')
    #1 /home/tactib/public_html/social/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/Mapping/ClassMetadataFactory.php(281): Doctrine\ORM\Mapping\Driver\AnnotationDriver->loadMetadataForClass('Newscoop\Entity...', Object(Doctrine\ORM\Mapping\ClassMetadata))
    #2 /home/tactib/public_html/social/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/Mapping/ClassMetadataFactory.php(170): Doctrine\ORM\Mapping\ClassMetadataFactory->loadMetadata('Newscoop\Entity...')
    #3 /home/tactib/public_html/social/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/EntityManager.php(257): Doctrine\ORM in /home/tactib/public_html/social/vendor/bombayworks/zendframework1/library/Zend/Controller/Plugin/Broker.php on line 336

When I log into admin, the messages log "on the server" reads:

Feb 12 09:13:28 host Newscoop[1993]: Application error (Params: {"module":"admin","controller":"index","action":"index","error_handler":{"exception":{},"type":"EXCEPTION_OTHER","request":{}},"_next":"get","f_is_encrypted":"1","f_user_name":"admin","f_password":"9CB8YO5WKVkOvb","f_login_language":"en","Login":"Login","f_xorkey":"08041fb0d6821a29fb9caeb45ab513da55b782b43aa6594f5430c7ae8611d852"})

Excerpt from phpinfo():
    Configure Command     './configure' '--disable-fileinfo' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-libxml' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-pdo=shared' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-zip' '--prefix=/usr/local' '--with-curl=/opt/curlssl/' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-gd' '--with-imap=/opt/php_with_imap_client/' '--with-imap-ssl=/usr' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-kerberos' '--with-ldap' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2/' '--with-mcrypt=/opt/libmcrypt/' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' '--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config' '--with-openssl=/usr' '--with-openssl-dir=/usr' '--with-pcre-regex=/opt/pcre' '--with-pdo-mysql=shared' '--with-pdo-sqlite=shared' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-sqlite=shared' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr' '--with-xsl=/opt/xslt/' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr' '--with-litespeed'
    Server API     LiteSpeed V6.0
    Virtual Directory Support     disabled
    Configuration File (php.ini) Path     /usr/local/lib
    Loaded Configuration File     /usr/local/lib/php.ini
    Scan this dir for additional .ini files     (none)
    Additional .ini files parsed     (none)
    PHP API     20090626
    PHP Extension     20090626
    Zend Extension     220090626
    Zend Extension Build     API220090626,NTS
    PHP Extension Build     API20090626,NTS
    Debug Build     no
    Thread Safety     disabled
    Zend Memory Manager     enabled
    Zend Multibyte Support     disabled
    IPv6 Support     enabled
    Registered PHP Streams     https, ftps, compress.zlib, php, file, glob, data, http, ftp, phar, zip
    Registered Stream Socket Transports     tcp, udp, unix, udg, ssl, sslv3, sslv2, tls
    Registered Stream Filters     zlib.*, convert.iconv.*, mcrypt.*, mdecrypt.*, string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed, dechunk

Any help in troubleshooting would be appreciated.
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Ray,

We've been on quite a journey to get you finally posting here! Great to see - hope you find the help you need. :)

Best, Adam
  • Hi, can you give us a information what kind of Linux is using your Linux VPS server? I want to reproduce it, because Newscoop 4.1.0 is working with Ubuntu 12.04 very good.
  • Hi!  Maybe some of the info from my post here will help:  < http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/15085/apache-setting-on-opensuse >  I don't know, as I am stuck also w/fresh install of newscoop 4.1.0 on openSUSE 12.2  From your post it seems our issues are identical.  That is, can't fix problem because can't get into admin area to deal with it.  Good luck, and please keep posting.  Hopefully,  I can work my problems out also.  Take Care.  Have A Healthy, Prosperous Day!
    ---robert
    Have A Healthy, Prosperous Day!
  • #Sebastian - When I request Linux vesion form shell, I get:
    2.6.32-042stab068.8 #1 SMP Fri Dec 7 17:06:14 MSK 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

#Robert - Got your PM.  The issue persists.  I've tried in sub-directory and root.  Have tried applying all the vHost changes in various other posts.  As soon as I login, I get the Application Error so I can't set site alias.  Tried re-downloading and re-installing.  Same issue.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Martin SaturkaMartin Saturka
    Hi Ray,
    it looks that you use Centos 6.3 32bit. We will try to look on this deployment.

The most common Linux distributions for Newscoop are Debian and Ubuntu. It should work well there.

Best, Martin

• Hi,
    I tested on CentOs 6.2 with PHP 5.3.3 and MySQL 5.1.67. Newscoop had problem with attach images process, but we found a problem with workaround.