Airtime 2.2 + Liquidsoap SVN Doesn't work!
  • Hi Airtime Forum!

After some experiments, i was in a almost perfect radio environment.. very cool!
    Yesterday, damn, my server stop to work for some provider problem... needing a fresh installation of all!

I recovered some data, and for some hours i'm resetting all the things, and now the worst part...

Built liquidsoap won't support AAC Plus... noooooo!!! I don't remember what i did before.. but my liquidsoap works with aacplus like a charm! (probably some dynamic link, or, ehm.. i don't know... i compilend liquidsoap from SVN with aac support etc... like some guides says)
    Now, i've compiled liquidsoap again... and the service start... in my dream.. if i stop or restart the service a Connection Refused error appears but... it won't start!

But if i run sudo -u pypo /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin blah blah... liquidsoap works! 
    I can't understand what's wrong...

Another problem is that On Air button... it works for 2-3 seconds, then it turns off... 
    Probably caused by the liquidsoap not running as service...

I hope someone can help me.. i can't found a solution in anyway 

Thanks !!!!

• 7 Comments sorted by
  • Hate to burst your bubble! Some friendly advice from someone who spent the better part of two weeks attempting to custom compile LS with all the necessary HE bits...

Yes, previous versions of Airtime evidently had AAC+ stuff baked-in. However, that support was unceremoniously removed, for a variety of reasons, somewhere between version 1.x and 2.x. To make things worse, the online documentation is a bit disorganized and was never fully updated to reflect the fact. It'd be great if the docs section was tidied up a bit, Team Sourcefab. No offense... ;)

Anyways, even if you do finally manage to get the code up and running, calling whatever you manage to cobble together "production ready" is a stretch, and seriously not worth the hassle.

To everyone trying to make it work: it truly is a colossal waste of time as of v.2.2.1. Maybe the 2.3 final will be different. I wouldn't count on it, though.

• Removed? Why? How is possible?

Liquidsoap and AirTime work by telnet, harbor... protocol that every version of liquid soap supports...!
    Editing the database adding the aacplus in the format, aacplus appears without (?) problems!

Before i had the same version of AirTime, and.. i think liquidsoap was the same 1.0.1, no?
    Don't say me that i need to write my own liquidsoap frontend D:

i can't do that!!!!! I can't otherwise remove AAC+ streaming, a lot of people use them... 

I hope there's a solution :D 
    One idea can be understand why Liquidsoap won't start as service... there is a log somewhere, or some flags can be used ?

• Licensing and distribution issues...
    Post edited by Roger Wilco at 2013-01-30 17:13:28
  • uh? about aacplus?
  • And, yes.... classic solution works so good after all... 

Like Windows.... Reinstall airtime did the miracle... 

;-)
  • It'd be great if the docs section was tidied up a bit, Team Sourcefab. No offense... 

Wiki will be cleaned up for 2.3 release.

Alessandro,

Are you trying to decode or encode AAC streams?
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • I'm trying to create a AAC+ stream (encode) and... yep... seems i did it, probably installing Liquidsoap SVN before AirTime

Martin, listen there some thing that i want to suggest for next release and... i need help!

First problems :P

1) When i use airtime to create a show... metadata is a disaster... Show Name - -  (There will be some Song Artist and Title.. but.. hey.. there isn't!!!!) i'm so sure that liquidsoap can read tag well... i put a fallback function where music are loaded from a folder and Meta works!

2) When i run liquidsoap... a strange notice appears... Module api_client doesn't found or something like this (isn't a python module, but is some related to Pypo..) with or without svn liquidsoap, also with a clean repository install appears... but, all works so well , uhm?

3) Linux...MediaMonitor... LiquidSoap.. Airtime... hate asteriks.. i can't delete folder, upload files and do nothing with it!

Now Suggestion :D

1) Why record and rebroadcast only live show from Soundcard??? Isn't so hard to rebroadcast harbor input, i create something that record harbor (liquidsoap can output a source to file...) i need to write it better to attach fallback, harbor and recording harbor to airtime switch... but the time is money... and i'm very poor.. of money... and time :D

2) Good Italian Translation.. yes.. isn't a suggestion but if you need a translator can i help... (my italian is better than my english i promise ! )

3) I create the fallback function fetching with some rules music from airtime database, and some radio station need it... :D if you don't know how... follow the liquidsoap example, mailing-list and the forum :D ( don't hate me! )

4) a flag, or something that say "eh you! User... at your own risk, do you want to fetch, compile and bla bla liquidsoap svn?" the last post on airtime support are related to AAC+ or Liquidsoap SVN, so, can relieve support section ! 

Post edited by Alessandro Casella at 2013-01-31 19:05:44