Airtime with Raspberry Pi - Remote mp3-player?
  • First of all, since Im new to this forum, I just wanna say hello to everyone here. Hello from Sweden!

Now to my question:

Im planning to setup a couple of "mini" Airtime servers at work, think of it like remote mp3-players, each with its own music library and schedules.

I have read a couple of threads/blog posts about using Airtime with Raspberry Pi and that did not look too promising, however, Im using the 512mb version and I will not use any streaming what so ever. Just the hardware output.

What do you guys think? Will this work?

The attached file shows my planned setup.

//Karl Östberg - Cosette.se

*note*
    I will only use the terminal version of RaspbianOS, not the desktop version.
  • 12 Comments sorted by
  • ditto for Airtime

but if you want an  Exstreamer to Instreamer type situation you might want to try this

He wrote extensively on it

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-07-24 03:18:04
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Hi there!

We haven't tried Airtime on a 512MB version of the Raspberry Pi. If you try this, the first time you start up the Pi you should be given an option to configure how your memory is split between the CPU and GPU. Allocate as much memory as you can to the CPU.

We'd be very interested in hearing the outcome.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Hi! I'm new here

I'm trying to install airtime in a raspberry with 512mb but I can't.

I've install raspbian and make the easy install, but when I try to install airtime it tells me this: 

W: GPG error: http://www.deb-multimedia.org squeeze InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 07DC563D1F41B907
    W: Failed to fetch http://apt.sourcefabric.org/dists/wheezy/InRelease  Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-armhf/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Any solution?

Thanks

• Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    Hi you can't install with deb packages on raspberri
    you only install it with the tar.gz (you need to solve all the dependencies before)
  • Thanks for the answer

I've solved pubkey error but still have problems with binary-armhf/Packages.

When I try to install airtime manually the system doesn't tell me if it needs any dependecies, just:

W: Failed to fetch http://apt.sourcefabric.org/dists/wheezy/InRelease  Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-armhf/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)

I think this problem is cause because the system is looking for arm's packages of airtime, but they don't exist or yes?, is there any way to use i386 packages?

If anyone can't help me I'll begin again.
    no you can't

arm packages are not available

you need tar.gz packages and compile them
  • Excuse me Albert FR,

But running sudo ~/airtime-2.2.1/install_full/debian/airtime-full-install I'm compiling or not?

If yes the system gives me the same problem
  • Since you are not streaming music, why are you using airtime? MPD would suit you fine! Just install a distro like VoyageMPD or any other distro on raspberry pi and run an MPD instance. There are many webUI for mpd if you want to use them, and you can even use a shared library for all of them with a Networked FS or Samba share
  • Reply to @Curro+Burguillo:

Hi Curro, you can in fact install using the Debian package. Make sure you install Liquidsoap via the official repositories first, and then you may install the Airtime Debian package afterwards.
    Post edited by Martin Konecny at 2013-01-23 21:26:42
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Whoever has this working needs to make an image and upload it somewhere! Or a step by step process in writing!
    @voisses that's an excellent et efficient solution !
    tested & approved !!!