no graphic interface
  • Hello,
    after some problems in installing then for the acces (but not it's ok), now i can (finally) log into my Airtime (on a remote server, on ubuntu 12.04 lts).
    But i hav no real images or what, it looks like ///
    Here's a view of what it looks like
  • 9 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Jerom,

Is Airtime in the root of your web server? Or do you have it under a sub-directory?
  • it's in /usr/share/airtime (and i access it via a vhost which redirect my www.mywebsite.com/airtime to the /usr/share/airtime/public )

Login is ok, i can click on the different items, but it doesn't look right
  • The problem is because you have Airtime under the directory /airtime of www.yourwebsite.com
    It needs to be directed to just www.yourwebsite.com

Airtime 2,3 will support this, however.
  • but i can't do it on www.mywebsite.com , because this is my real website.

On this server, i have my website (in fact, two, one one www.mywebsite.com and one on radio.mywebsite.com). There not haevy ones. I have on the same server, icecast, which i have configured to have access on mywebsite.com:8000 and radio.mywebsite.com:8000
    then, i installed Airtime and made a virthualhost to redirect www.mywebsite.com/airtime to /usr/airitme/public

I don't know how i could do in an other way?
  • As long as Airtime is installed under the root of any domain it will work.

Until Airtime 2.3 is released, I suggest registering a new domain dedicated just for Airtime; So something like airtime.yourwebsite.com

• i can create a airtime.mywebsite.com on my server, there's no problem for this. I have Plesk on the server so i can manage all thos adress.

But then, how can i redirect this adress on my server?
  • I think what you are looking for is apache virtual hosts.

Based on the domain name that you accessed your server with, apache will use a different document root. Take a look here:

Make sure you also update api_client.cfg and airtime.conf in /etc/airtime to point to this new domain.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • the problem is that is use plesk to manage my server, and plesk take the advantage on apache2.
    Nevertheless, i managed toi redirect mywebsite.com/airtime to usr/share/airtime/public.
    api_client.cfg and airtime.conf were also updated.
    I also copiyed the css folder in the real folder of mywebsite, and now, i have access to the pagewith the correct graphic format.

But it it still doesn't work, because i can't click on "now playing" "add media", etc...
    Links on those buttons are www.mywebste.com/airtime/showbuilder (for example) but there is no "showbuilder" neither in usr/share/airtime/public/ folder, nor in the folder of my real website
  • If you look for "plesk virtual host" on Google there are lots of guides so it looks like you're in luck.

The basics of a virtual host are really simple. If you access your server Apache looks at the domain name, and serves the appropriate directory. Accessing with a different domain name make Apache serve a different directory, 
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro