Installation under Ubuntu 11.04
  • I've got an essentially shiny new right out of the box VPS installation of Ubuntu 11.04, and installing Airtime 2.03 gets me to the point where it's patching the Python libraries, and then right after it attempts to create /var/tmp/airtime, that's the end.  I get this:

* Creating /usr/share/airtime
    * Creating /var/log/airtime
    * Creating /var/tmp/airtime
    There was an error during install. Exit code 255
    dpkg: error processing airtime (--configure):
     subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     airtime
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Inspecting the contents of /var/log/airtime/installation-errors.log, I end up with this:

PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'DB.php' (include_path='/usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php:__DIR__/../../airtime_mvc/library:.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /var/lib/airtime/tmp/install_minimal/include/AirtimeInstall.php on line 8
    PHP Fatal error:  PostgreSQL PHP extension required and not found. in /var/lib/airtime/tmp/install_minimal/include/AirtimeIni.php on line 19

I have no idea how to get around this PHP extension problem, and it's apparently pretty common.  Can somebody help me out with figuring this out, please?

- Gene
  • 17 Comments sorted by
  • Can you try 

"sudo apt-get install php-db"

and try again? We might be missing a dependency in our debian package install script
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • This package is already present.

AirTime looks pretty shiny compared to Centova - if we can get the durned thing installed!
    Post edited by Krypton Radio at 2012-05-03 00:21:42
  • How about this package

sudo apt-get install php5-pgsql 

Martin
  • im having similar issues with the error posted above on 12.04 LTS

neither command works

• @Martin, the php5-pgsql package is also already installed.

I read somewhere that there may be an issue with libxml2 possibly not correctly reporting its version number, and I note that I have libxml.so.2 in three places on my server.  Is it possible that:

a) this provides the missing PostgreSQL -> PHP connectivity being complained about?
    b) one of these copies does, the rest don't, and the wrong one is being called?
    c) AirTime is compiled against 32x where my Ubuntu install is 64-bit and it's picking the wrong library file because of that?

Is there a way to trace which libraries are being loaded during the setup script execution?  (Or is this a relevant question to ask?)

Also, is this right?  There's no playlist randomizer?

Post edited by Krypton Radio at 2012-05-03 11:43:02
  • I don't think it's any of those 3.

Please list the directory contents under /usr/lib/php5/20090626/

Post edited by Martin Konecny at 2012-05-03 14:59:42
  • Sorry for wasting your time - since Airtime can't handle randomized playlists, we had to go with a package that does.
  • @Krypton Radio: Just out of curiosity, which package did you end up with? 

Randomized playlists are very high on our priority list once we get 2.1 out the door, btw. Not that that's any good now, but we do hear you on the need for this and we're always open to contributions (code, cash, pizzas :-)) to help get it done.
    Douglas Arellanes
    Director of Innovation
    Sourcefabric, o.p.s.

Find a way or make one.
  • I'm getting the same error during manual install on Ubuntu 12.04:

PHP Fatal error:  PostgreSQL PHP extension required and not found. in /opt/bitnami/apps/Airtime/install_minimal/include/AirtimeIni.php on line 19
    There was an error during install. Exit code 255

Under /usr/lib/php5/20090626:
    curl.so
    gd.so
    pdo_pgsql.so
    pdo.so
    pgsql.so

Any thoughts?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    ls /etc/php5/conf.d
  • conf.d:
    curl.ini  
    gd.ini  
    pdo.ini  
    pdo_pgsql.ini  
    pgsql.ini  
    zend-framework.ini

pgsql.ini: (also tried adding this to php.ini, since I'm not seeing any PostgreSQL in phpinfo() output)
    ; configuration for php PostgreSQL module
    extension=pgsql.so
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    check /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d also
  • any body tell me is it possible to install this application on windows platform.

• @Andrey Thanks for the suggestions. 
    The same .ini files in /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d
    I've gotten PostgreSQL to show up in php, but am still getting the "extension required" error.

MySQL and a couple other things are configured on this server, there seems to be some configuration conflict... I think I'm going to tear this server down, and start over with a 32bit Ubuntu install.
  • @Kamaluddin We don't support window platform. Sorry
  • We finally came back to Airtime and installed it.  Centova, while it has more flexibility than Airtime with respect to scheduling, has a much bigger problem:  Centova Technologies.  They're so hard to get ahold of that each time we've had a problem we needed their help with, it took literally days on end to reach them, even though it was an emergency situation for us.  We finally just fired them, and here we are.  We ended up installing on Debian.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    welcome back, havin good support is essential
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.