After Installation Newscoop Problem
  • Hi,

I was installing newscoop 4.0.2 on my computer, and i made each step during the installation, and everything was going well (database configuration, admin user and password...) but, when i tried to enter to the admin interface after the installation, this error showed up:

Newscoop has encountered a problem.

Please take a minute to send us an email.

Simply copy and paste the error report below and send it to: newscoop-bug@sourcefabric.org.

Thank you.

Error Report

Error ID:2048:Newscoop:4.0.2:Section.php:24
    Error String:Declaration of Section::create() should be compatible with DatabaseObject::create($p_values = NULL)
    Time:Sun, 26 Aug 2012 01:31:39 +0200
    Backtrace:
    Admin_Bootstrap::{closure}() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/newscoop/classes/Section.php:24]
    require_once() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/newscoop/classes/Issue.php:15]
    require_once() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/newscoop/admin-files/init_content.php:3]
    require_once() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/newscoop/application/modules/admin/Bootstrap.php:74]
    Admin_Bootstrap::_initNewscoop() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/newscoop/library/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php:667]
    Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract::_executeResource() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/newscoop/library/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php:620]
    Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract::_bootstrap() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/newscoop/library/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php:584]
    Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract::bootstrap() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/newscoop/library/Zend/Application/Resource/Modules.php:107]
    Zend_Application_Resource_Modules::init() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/newscoop/library/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php:681]
    Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract::_executeResource() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/newscoop/library/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php:624]
    Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract::_bootstrap() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/newscoop/library/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php:584]
    Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract::bootstrap() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/newscoop/library/Zend/Application.php:355]
    Zend_Application::bootstrap() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/newscoop/public/index.php:4]
    require_once() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/newscoop/admin.php:4]
    Don't know what's happening, can someone help me with this??

Thank you!
  • 11 Comments sorted by
  • I have the same problem...
  • The same problem as well
    Here is the screen result : 

Newscoop has encountered a problem.

Please take a minute to send us an email.

Simply copy and paste the error report below and send it to: newscoop-bug@sourcefabric.org.

Thank you.

Error Report

Error ID:2048:Newscoop:4.0.2:Section.php:24Error String:Declaration of Section::create() should be compatible with DatabaseObject::create($p_values = NULL)Time:Tue, 25 Sep 2012 13:29:09 +0200Backtrace:
    Admin_Bootstrap::{closure}() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/classes/Section.php:24]
    require_once() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/classes/Issue.php:15]
    require_once() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/admin-files/init_content.php:3]
    require_once() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/application/modules/admin/Bootstrap.php:74]
    Admin_Bootstrap::_initNewscoop() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/library/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php:667]
    Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract::_executeResource() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/library/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php:620]
    Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract::_bootstrap() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/library/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php:584]
    Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract::bootstrap() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/library/Zend/Application/Resource/Modules.php:107]
    Zend_Application_Resource_Modules::init() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/library/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php:681]
    Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract::_executeResource() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/library/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php:624]
    Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract::_bootstrap() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/library/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php:584]
    Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract::bootstrap() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/library/Zend/Application.php:355]
    Zend_Application::bootstrap() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/public/index.php:4]
    require_once() called at [/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/index.php:12]
  • Hey Rodrigo !!

From the error it's clear you're using MAMP, please give us more details on your setup.

All Best,
  • Hi Holman!

I´m using:
    •  MAMP 2.1.1
    • Mac OSX 10.7.4,
    • RAM 8GB. 
    • i7
    • PHP version is 5.4.4.
    • MySql
    • Everything is running on localhost

Do you need something else?? Please help me!

Best Regards

• Hi Rodrigo,
    Im trying to recreate the issue on my laptop but have been so far unsuccessful. Did you install Newscoop source from github or sourceforge? And if from github, how did you install the dependancies (manually or possibly with composer?)

-mark

On Aug 31, 2012, at 4:09 PM, Rodrigo Samayoa wrote:

> Hi Holman!
    >
    > I´m using:
    > MAMP 2.1.1
    > Mac OSX 10.7.4,
    > RAM 8GB.
    > i7
    > PHP version is 5.4.4.
    > MySql
    > Everything is running on localhost
    > Do you need something else?? Please help me!
    >
    > Best Regards
    >
    >
  • hi,

looks like error reporting level issue. can u change your php config?

it has to include & ~E_STRICT
  • Change php.ini with this

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT
    Post edited by sdancer75 at 2012-11-06 07:42:16
  • Same here !

php.ini didn't solve the issue.

Regards.
  • hi,

can u try to add at the very beginning of application.php in root folder this line:

error_reporting(error_reporting() & ~E_STRICT);

• Great !! It DID work !

Now i'm on a second base. Looks like "The site alias was not assigned to a publication". Gonna check that.

Thanks a lot Petr !!
  • hi, you have to go into publication settings and set your domain there.

you will find more info in manual