Repeating shows that contain dynamic smart blocks?
  • Hi !

Is it possible to create a show with dynamic smart block and then repeat it (no end) so Airtime would generate content meeting block criteria each time show is played ?

Thanks for your answer. :)
    Follow me on Twitter : http://twitter.com/K8L
  • 9 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Kahuitel,

That is not possible in 2.2, but we will include it in the near future version of Airtime.

• That will be an awesome feature :)

Thanks for your answer.
    Follow me on Twitter : http://twitter.com/K8L
  • Thats an imperative feature to have...i just found out through this thread. which means i need to manualy add smart blocks to shows again and again each time a new show/file is uploaded (i stream 1-2 hour shows).

Hmm...back to switch statements i guess.. :(
  • I also assumed it would do this with the dynamic blocks - it makes it far less useful as a feature. I want to stream pre-recorded content in daily or 2 hour blocks but adding a show every day makes this a lot of work every week...when if I've got a smart block already I should just be able to say 'repeat this dynamic block every day'.

Weird workflow that adds more work rather than makes it easier?
  • I'd like to have General Playlist Rotation Rules like in SAM Broadcaster

Don't play same album within 60 minutes
    Don't play same artist within 120 minutes
    Don't play same title within 240 minutes
    Don't play same track within 240 minutes

Where you could change the minutes value.

And then create a Dynamic Smart Block where i could choose something like:
    Play 3 songs Genre Rock, 1 song Genre Jingle, 3 songs Genre Metal, 1 song Genre Stationid, 3 songs not played in the last week Genre Rock.
     That would be great.

• I'd like to have General Playlist Rotation Rules like in SAM Broadcaster

Don't play same album within 60 minutes
    Don't play same artist within 120 minutes
    Don't play same title within 240 minutes
    Don't play same track within 240 minutes

Where you could change the minutes value.

And then create a Dynamic Smart Block where i could choose something like:
    Play 3 songs Genre Rock, 1 song Genre Jingle, 3 songs Genre Metal, 1 song Genre Stationid, 3 songs not played in the last week Genre Rock.
     That would be great.

+1

Yeah! A simplified smart mode for MD/PD-types would be killer!
  • I have a feature suggestion - in fact I assumed Airtime could do this, and I suspect might be quite easy to do - what about smart blocks being able to select from a playlist?

At the moment I'm importing shows into the smart blocks selected on tagged Genre (so Mix - Podcast etc) but it would be easier if you could just add to a playlist, then the Dynamic Smart Blocks just import from the playlist? A step closer to fully automated shows, anyway...
    Post edited by Tim RadioClash at 2013-02-25 14:47:32
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hi Tim,

If you want to restrict the content of the dynamic smart block to a particular set of files, you can use an 'and' criteria such as Owner or Uploaded (date) in addition to Genre. The plus button on the right side is used to add 'and' rows. There is no need to add the specific files you want to a playlist first.

As for having a repeating show containing a dynamic smart block by default, that is covered by ticket http://dev.sourcefabric.org/browse/CC-4115

Cheers!

Daniel
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    normally available for the 2.4
    but no date for availability...