Missing CAPTCHA Fields.
  • Today I wanted to work on an Airtime machine I have been setting up for a few weeks now.  I must have gotten the login password wrong because I was asked to enter the text for what I see in a CAPTCHA box.  I've seen the request before.  But this time there is no picture and no place to enter text.  I see a message "Missing CAPTCHA fields".

My internet connection is down right now.  Of course that should not keep me from connecting to the Airtime machine across my LAN.  Right?  I wonder if the missing internet is related.

How can I log in?  At present, everything is blocked until I get past this CAPTCHA login block. And if I cannot login ...

I have physical access to the machine running Airtime 2.1.3.  Airtime is being run on a Ubuntu 12.04 server.  Can I turn CAPTCHA off?

Larry

• 14 Comments sorted by
  • Clarification. I do not see the picture  with the alphanumeric I need to type in order to log into Airtime. How can I get past this to log in?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    try to reproduce this (wrong password entering) on http://airtime-demo.sourcefabric.org/
  • At this website I see the picture and a box to type in for the security characters. In my instance the picture and text entry box are missing.  So I'm locked out.  I plan to do a backup, uninstall, reinstall, and restore and hope the password is reset as well as whatever creates that security picture.
  • Work around would be delete all entries in cc_login_attemps and setting login_attempts field to 0 in cc_subj table.
  • I'm running Ubnutu 12.04 server.  What would the commands be to delete the entries in cc_login_attempts and set login-attempts to 0?  This should help. 

Fixing whatever creates that picture with text entry box would also help.  Is an internet connection required for this to work?
    you can reset your password from server console:

sudo -u postgres psql airtime
    airtime=# UPDATE cc_subjs SET pass = md5('yourpassword') where login = 'admin';

to reset login attempts:

sudo -u postgres psql airtime
    airtime=# UPDATE cc_subjs SET login_attempts = 0;

• Do I need an internet connection in order for the picture or text and the text entry box to show up again on the login screen?  I reinstalled Airtime and the picture box is still missing.  

Also, I found that restoring a backup resets the login attempts record. 
  • Do I need an internet connection in order for the picture or text and the text entry box to show up again on the login screen?  I reinstalled Airtime and the picture box is still missing.  

Also, I found that restoring a backup resets the login attempts record. 
    >
    > Do I need an internet connection in order for the picture or text and the
    > text entry box to show up again on the login screen?

yes, you need an internet connection
  • In my case this was caused by being on a secure connection and the captcha being served from a non secure connection. I had to tell Firefox to show the insecure content and the captcha then showed up.
    AndyC - BlastFM Internet Radio Stations
  • Vote Up0Vote Down pachapacha
    I solved this problem. I changed false to true on the line 91 of this file :

/usr/share/php/Zend/Service/ReCaptcha.php

protected $_params = array(
            'ssl' => true, /* Use SSL or not when generating the recaptcha */
            'error' => null, /* The error message to display in the recaptcha */
            'xhtml' => false /* Enable XHTML output (this will not be XHTML Strict
                                compliant since the IFRAME is necessary when
                                Javascript is disabled) */
        );

Post edited by pacha at 2017-03-27 09:13:25
  • Thanks

but the real thing is that
    •  Put Service folder in your library (you should download the Zend 1.12 full  and extract the Zend library)
    • gedit /usr/share/airtime/library/Zend/Service/ReCaptcha.php
    • do not adjust php source file
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2017-03-27 13:36:12
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down pachapacha
    There is not just one reality :)