Airtime 2.1.3 keeps "Processing...", Ubuntu Server 12.04
  • I started a new Ubuntu Server 12.04 with Airtime.  Before adding any music the Playlist Builder and Now Playing pages showed "Processing..." and after a number of minutes this did not quit.  I added three files to the database, rebooted, and this "Processing..." kept me from being able to create a new playlist, or add music after a Show was created.

I then started a second machine which already contained music files, and the same "Processing..." problem existed on that machine too!

When using ssh to log into either machine, the response was very slow.  I tried restarting airtime-playout and a few other things like rebooting.

This makes me wonder if there is something on my LAN that could affect the processing when I open the Playlist Builder or Now Playing pages.

After moving the second machine to a different LAN with better internet connection, the problem went away.  I should not need the internet for anything, right?.  

The CPU usage and load seem to be the same on both networks.  Any idea what I should try in order to get past this "Processing..." flag?   While Airtime is "Processing..." I cannot add or delete anything from a playlist.  And first with no files, and then 3 files added to the database, what is being processed?

Larry

Post edited by Larry Mathews at 2012-08-05 03:53:53
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    please open admin iterface with enabled firebug. It will show you which request ca not be finished or even some http error.
  • Hi Larry,

Not sure what the problem is, but posting the file /var/log/airtime/media-monitor/media-monitor.log will go a long way in helping us find your problem :)
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Hello I'm having a similar problem. I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 and Airtime 2.1.3 Free version.
    I have assigned a watched folder.
    I create a show with the scheduler, and then attempt to "Add media" I see the files and I can select the check box; but I cannot choose the file (the "+" button at the top is greyed out). All the while "Processing..." is staring me in the face.

I didn't have this problem with Airtime 1.9.5... Maybe I will try rolling back to that version.
    In the meanwhile, attached is my log from "/var/log/airtime/media-monitor/media-monitor.log". (body is 140976 chars too long.)
    -Thanks for any help-

• Please follow the procedure that Andrey described above.
    Thanks
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    did you do an airtime-update-db-settings ?
  • Hello. I have the same problem,

Andrey Podshivalov > Several requests seems to run at the same time, take a long time to finish :

- POST contents-feed
    - POST set-timeline-database

and the system of posting and getting Json seems to be very long too

Maybe a database problem?
    Post edited by Romain at 2014-10-29 06:00:25