Icecast Mountpoint issues
  • OK this is the only place that i know of other then the icecast forums. and they require admin activation. I have been waiting for days to get accepted. I know there are alot of knowledgable people on here that could help me. First I am running this on a Ubuntu Server 10.04 VPS. No Gui installed. 

I have taken the  mount point fall back lines from the airtime manual on foss manuals (ref: http://en.flossmanuals.net/airtime-en-2-1/stream-handover/) But when i put this lines into the server config and check the server status page (ref: http://radio2.majorthorn.com:8000/status.xsl )  No mount points show up and i get the following in the error.log 

[2012-10-04  21:27:04] WARN source/source_fallback_file unable to open file "/usr/share/icecast2/web/live.ogg"
    [2012-10-04  21:27:04] WARN source/source_fallback_file unable to open file "/usr/share/icecast2/web/airtime.ogg"

Even with the Mount configurations set with out fall backs the static mountpoints NEVER EVER show up. and it is causing me to pull my hair. It is getting friggin annoying. And im not going to contact my other icecast servers rental company because I doubt they would give me a config.  BUT as you can see i am using a mostly default config. so i dont understand what is going on. I dont even want to get into trying to figure out why the server wont open port 80 even though there is nothing on port 80 on either IP that i have. (but that is not the point of this help request) This has been bothering me for days and i cant start using this server till i get this figured out.

Can post my config if needed.

THanks guys!
    Post edited by Greg D at 2012-10-04 23:27:59
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    >>First I am running this on a Ubuntu Server 10.04 VPS. No Gui installed.

Good thing :-)

since airtime 2.1.3. you can do that easy, that's integrated, read the last manual...
  • Im not running airtime on this server. Im really needing the support for what is going on with my icecast server. I am using Airtime Pro.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    Sorry,  don't really understand what you want exactly
    do you want a fallback mount point if airtime crash ? or to do a live stream ?
  • I need to figure out why my mount points are not showing up on the server. Even after putting them in the config. Also Yea I want to have fallback mount points and other mountpoints for different uses. But Any <mount> tag that i put in teh config never shows up on the servers status page.
  • NVM I think my thought is not possible. or it is done automatically when a source is connected for a certain amount of time. IDK. But thanks. Disregard this forum