Newscoop 4 Installation Error
  • When Trying to install the latest release i.e Newscoop 4 get this when pointing towards my web address:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/content/24/8222924/html/newscoop4/application.php on line 65

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/content/24/8222924/html/newscoop4/application.php on line 68

PS: I already have used Newscoop 3.5.5 but am performing a freash install on a different web address
  • 9 Comments sorted by
  • what version of php are you using? 4.0 requires php 5.3+
  • ohhh...I was testing it on 5.2....thanks for the tip....Im actually thinking about upgrading my site to 4.0 but will the articles and polls remain untouched or i have re enter the articles?
  • They will not be directly affected. You should try upgrading on some other environment different than production, once you confirm upgrade goes Ok you can then switch.
  • I am getting the same exact error messages trying to install 4.0. I am running php 5.3.x on Godaddy server. Any ideas? Does the Zend framework need to be installed? Those lines point to some things about Zend.

Thanks
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    make file test.php with content: <? phpinfo() ?>
    You will see a php version info.
  • Here you go

PHP Version 5.3.3-1ubuntu9.10

Which its actually 10.10. Not sure why its saying 9.10

• PHP Version 5.3.3-1ubuntu9.10

SystemLinux MacServer 2.6.35-32-powerpc64-smp #67-Ubuntu SMP Tue Mar 6 08:32:09 UTC 2012 ppc64
    Build DateFeb 11 2012 08:08:56
    Server APIApache 2.0 Handler
    Virtual Directory Supportdisabled
    Configuration File (php.ini) Path/etc/php5/apache2
    Loaded Configuration File/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
    Scan this dir for additional .ini files/etc/php5/apache2/conf.d
    Additional .ini files parsed/etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/curl.ini, /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/gd.ini, /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/intl.ini, /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/memcache.ini, /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/mysql.ini, /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/mysqli.ini, /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/pdo.ini, /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/pdo_mysql.ini, /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/pdo_pgsql.ini, /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/pdo_sqlite.ini, /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/pgsql.ini, /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/sqlite.ini, /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/sqlite3.ini, /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/xcache.ini, /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/xmlrpc.ini, /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/xsl.ini, /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/zend-framework.ini
    PHP API20090626
    PHP Extension20090626
    Zend Extension220090626
    Zend Extension BuildAPI220090626,NTS
    PHP Extension BuildAPI20090626,NTS
    Debug Buildno
    Thread Safetydisabled
    Zend Memory Managerenabled
    Zend Multibyte Supportdisabled
    IPv6 Supportenabled
    Registered PHP Streamshttps, ftps, compress.zlib, compress.bzip2, php, file, glob, data, http, ftp, phar, zip
    Registered Stream Socket Transportstcp, udp, unix, udg, ssl, sslv3, sslv2, tls
    Registered Stream Filterszlib.*, bzip2.*, convert.iconv.*, string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed, dechunk

• When I put it back on my server and try to go to the domain...I get the following error.

Server error

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.blabd.net/install/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Here are some suggestions:

HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.
  • Any other ideas as to why I might not be able to install newscoop4? Thanks in advance.
    Post edited by Jeremy Monroe at 2012-08-30 13:22:23