Corrupted files re ID3 tags
  • Hello,
    Using Airtime for a college radio automation format in NY. Have found the site to be very good overall but importing files has been a nightmare.
    To cover time more efficiently I create 30/60/90 minute MP3s of material to play in secession over long blocks of time. After using Garageband to create and export these large files, I drag the MP3 saved on an external HD to the applet window. After taking a good 7-10 minutes to up an 80-140 MB MP3, the message appears under the upload box:
    "xxxxx - This file appears to be corrupted and will not be added to media library"
    After much exploration I was able to identify the solution:
    to open these exported MP3s in Audacity. Edit the ID3 tags removing all comments and year info automatically provided by Garage Band. Export MP3 out of audacity. Delete original MP3 from external HD. Copy recently exported MP3 to new location. Delete originals. Re-upload to Airtime.

This whole process is very tedious and it results in much wasted time (uploading + exporting) and a convoluted file tree clean up issue. Is there anything I can do to streamline the process of uploading MP3s? Thanks
    Leon
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • Which version of Airtime are you using? In 2.1.2 we removed some file upload restrictions which may have been the reason you were getting the corrupted file message.