Airtime 2.1.2: Uploaded MP3 file appears to be corrupted and will not be added to media library
  • hi friends,
    I updated my radio Airtime software to latest version 2.1.2 (running on latest Ubuntu server 12.04LTS).
    Some files is not possible get to media library - on process "Add media" for some files Airtime displayed error message:
    XY.mp3 - This file appears to be corrupted and will not be added to media library
    (see attached file - image)
    Firstly I thought that problem is in siye of file, but it's not reason. Because problem reached on 150kB file too.
    I observed that file is not corrupted. I can put that file to watched directory and it is normally played (by Airtime and streaming server).
    It was not in previous Airtime vesion. The same file I could load to media library without this problem.

Some tips?

• 21 Comments sorted by
  • This has all been resolved in 2.1.3
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Check if the tracks looking to be corrupted play normaly.
    We're facing the same issue but when we play or broadcast thos tracks everything works correctly.
    Let us know.
  • We were a little over-zealous with our mp3 validation when we introduced it in 2.1.2. In 2.1.3 it has been relaxed a bit and should see it only for tracks that have serious problems.
  • all these MP3-files are playing normally.
    Workaround is put them into "watched" directory (directly via WinSCP utility for example).
  • Go get 2.1.3 and let us know if problem has been resolved :)
  • Interesting issue.. I had a something similar in effect where my uploaded files would not display to be added to a playlist.. But further digging around revealed rabbitmq having issues.. so i purged my install and re-installed.. And now rabbitmq well wont start. I posted about that in the dev thread. but I thought maybe this tid-bit may be of some use help.. I might be wrong.. but it is interesting since this happened to me while in use in a vbox setup too.   Oh and i am running 2.1.3.. the last one that work for me was 2.1.2. was away for a holiday, came back upgraded then boom.. the issues.. but I also had about 18 system updates.. for Ubuntu 12.04.. Then again it maybe one or more of the updates causing the issue(s)... Either way I am no software engineer / programmer and can not wait for a fix.
    Post edited by Desmond at 2012-07-16 21:17:18
  • Yesterday we had a show recorded by airtime 2.1.2 that was not imported as "This file appears to be corrupted and will not be added to media library." I can't find it in /var/tmp/airtime/show-recorder/ or /srv/airtime/stor/probem_files so I assume it no longer exists? I've attached a couple of logs, but this morning I upgraded to 2.1.3 so hopefully it won't happen again.

James
  • Hi

Have the same error on Centos 5.8 with airtime 2.1.3: This file appears to be corrupted and will not be added to media library

Log /var/log/airtime/zendphp.log:
    --------------------
    2012-09-19T11:47:48+04:00 INFO (6): /var/www/airtime/data/www/application/models/StoredFile.php:uploadFile(): filename=p177entsb019f11gha2ocreqe9n4.MP3 to /var/www/airtime/data/mod-tmp/plupload - file:/var/www/airtime/data/www/application/models/StoredFile.php:761
    2012-09-19T11:47:48+04:00 INFO (6): copyFileToStor: moving file /var/www/airtime/data/mod-tmp/plupload/p177entsb019f11gha2ocreqe9n4.MP3 - file:/var/www/airtime/data/www/application/models/StoredFile.php:858
    2012-09-19T11:47:48+04:00 INFO (6): copyFileToStor: moving file /var/www/airtime/data/mod-tmp/plupload/p177entsb019f11gha2ocreqe9n4.MP3 to /srv/airtime/stor/organize/RAVIN.MP3 - file:/var/www/airtime/data/www/application/models/StoredFile.php:885
    -----------------------------------------

Could you help me ? 
    (i know you doesn't provide support for Centos, i am configuring with commands from your script centos_install from github )

• Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    Reply to @Anatoly:

in this log, files are copied...
  • but i receive error This file appears to be corrupted and will not be added to media library
    and files are not found  in "stor" dir ....
    perhaps, but the log you paste here is correct. Send your others logs...
  • all other logs are empty ...
    /var/log/airtime/zendphp.log shows that file was moved, but file wasn't moved   and stays in temporaly dir
    Post edited by Anatoly at 2012-09-20 07:10:29
  • has been resolved.  In my case  i go to file application/models/StoredFile.php 858+ string  and see function     public static function copyFileToStor($p_targetDir, $fileName, $tempname) {}

The command  $command = sprintf("/usr/bin/airtime-liquidsoap -c 'output.dummy(audio_to_stereo(single(\"%s\")))' 2>&1", $audio_file);

my liquidsoap bin files installed to /opt/liquids/bin/liquidsoap
    so  i have created symbolic link
    ln -s /opt/liquids/bin/liquidsoap /usr/bin/airtime-liquidsoap

and now all is ok
    (so airtime must check if /usr/bin/airtime-liquidsoap binary exist)
    if you have this error, it's because you have recompiled liquidsoap, (for aac+ support I presume)...
    the next time don't forget to say that too :D
  • yes i have compiled liquidsoap with aac+ (64 bitrade), i can't compile with tipok aac+ 128 bitrade :-( . I have installed icecast and liquidsoap  separately by myself, now i am  trying to configure airtime to manage audiofiles via web interface ...

P.S. Sorry for my bad English ;-)
    me too :)

I don't understand exactly what is your problem with aac+
    can you explain ?
  • by default linux have license for aac+ only with maximum 64 bitrate. When I configure liquidsoap with  default linux aacplus  library i can't use 128 bitrate for aac+ format. The maximum only 64kbps.
    In google i have found  the aacplus library http://217.20.164.161/~tipok/aacplus/libaacplus-2.0.2.tar.gz. It allows 128 bitrate. But when i try to configure liquidsoap - it doesn't find this library from tipok on server. So i have to use standart aacplus with 64 butrate ...

do you speak  russian or ukrainian ?  :-)
    you can give the exact location of the library you want to use
    into the liquidsoap directory try this :
    ./configure --help

that's giving you all informations necessaries to do that

and no, i'm speaking french and a little english...
  • yes i have tried to play with "./configure" options ... Now  configuration of airtime has highest priority  :-) may be after airtime i will play with  liquidsoap compilation again ...

• yes i have tried to play with "./configure" options ... Now  configuration of airtime has highest priority  :-) may be after airtime i will play with  liquidsoap compilation again ...

• I Have the problem with uploaded files. Now my media files are uploaded correctly via section "ADD MEDIA".
    They are stored in /srv/airtime/stor/organize/. But when i create SHOW (in CALENDAR) or when i try to create playlists   - the list of media files is empty. Airtime doesn't shows my uploaded files and I can't add media files to created show ... :-(

any error in apache error log and in /var/log/airtime/zendphp.log ....How can i debug it ?