removing a group through the new admin panel
  • Hi!
    I have an install of booktype which has the admin panel. I am an administrator to the site. I have created a group using my booktype account dashboard. I then went into the /admin area, but could not find the group. Any ideas?
    thanks
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • I also created a new group through the /admin and attached it to my user account. When I look at my user details through the /admin area (django admin) the group is there, but when I look at my account through my user dashboard the group created through /admin is not there, only the account I created through my dashboard. Just to clarify when I am talking about /admin I am talking about the django admin. It would be great to clarify this as I know the users of this will want me to manage groups through the admin area.
  • "My Groups" really show you groups you are member of and not groups you own. You don't see that group because you did not put yourself as a member. Why is it like that? Just because group interface or workflows with groups is not developed and we don't have way of changing group owner or deleting groups or renaming groups and etc (except django admin or shell interface)... This way people just "leave" the group and they don't see it anymore on their dashboard. 
  • My problem is that I created and joined a group using "my groups". I then logged into "django admin" as I am an administrator and when I wen to the "change" link on groups - the group I created was not there. I thought as administrator in "django admin" I would be able to see this group and delete it. I will need to administer and delete groups through "django admin" but at the moment it does not seem to work. I can email you the url of our booktype as it is an install the sourc fabric are supporting. I would be very grateful for some help on this.
  • Also created a new group through the django admin, but when I went to "groups" on the public side of the site it was not visible
  • Yes, send me info over e-mail. This has been tested before and I tried to reproduce your steps now. It works, but will be interesting to see why it does not work for you. I don't have shell access to that machine but will try to see what i can do over the web.
  • I sent you a message through this discussion board and it has my email
    many thanks
  • thank you Aleksandar! I was using the "groups" link instead of "Booki Groups" in the admin,
    many thanks for sorting that out!