Trying to install on vps. no liquidsoap.cgf
  • as the title says, when i try to start the playout i get an error that there is no liquidsoap.cfg. its a fresh install on an Ubuntu 11 VPS at tdrevolution.com 

i got passed the database errors by changing to utf-8 and now i am stuck here. here is the output of airtime-check-system:

AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING      = OK
    KERNEL_VERSION                 = UNKNOWN
    MACHINE_ARCHITECTURE           = UNKNOWN
    TOTAL_MEMORY_MBYTES            = UNKNOWN
    TOTAL_SWAP_MBYTES              = UNKNOWN
    AIRTIME_VERSION                = UNKNOWN
    OS                             = Ubuntu 11.04 x86_64
    CPU                            = Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q9550  @ 2.83GHz
    WEB_SERVER                     = A
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = FAILED
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 0
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_MEM_PERC        = 0%
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_CPU_PERC        = 0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = FAILED
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 0
    LIQUIDSOAP_MEM_PERC            = 0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_CPU_PERC            = 0%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = FAILED
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 0
    MEDIA_MONITOR_MEM_PERC         = 0%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_CPU_PERC         = 0%
    RABBITMQ_PROCESS_ID            = FAILED
    RABBITMQ_RUNNING_SECONDS       = 0
    RABBITMQ_MEM_PERC              = 0%
    RABBITMQ_CPU_PERC              = 0%

also, this is all over my media-monitor log:
    2012-06-29 18:42:06,328 ERROR - [MainThread] [api_client.py : get_response_from_server()] : LINE 177 - Error Authenticating with remote server: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

also, in the pypo.log
    2012-06-29 22:09:03,681 ERROR - [api_client.py : get_response_from_server() : line 183] - Error connecting to server,

Post edited by Sal Yanez at 2012-06-30 01:28:15
  • 13 Comments sorted by
  • Here is a dump of all the logs if it will help.
  • Hello,

I haven't looked at your logs yet, but the errors thrown appear to indicate your server isn't running where the playout and media-monitor service expect it to be running.

If you go to http://localhost, do you see the Airtime log-in screen?
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Martin, 

Since it's a VPS, I dont have a gui locally installed so I am trying to access airtime over the web. I am already serving up a website so when i go to http://VPS-IP-Address/airtime I get a page not found.

Maybe it is supposed to be setup differently in my situation?
  • In 2.1 Airtime requires that you install it in the root of your server. So you would need to access it as

However, if you already have content at the site, you can make Airtime listen on a different port so you access like

Or you can create a sub-domain for Airtime so you access it like

If you are using Apache, all of these options are easy to configure :)
  • Martin, 

I changed the port to 8080 in airtime.conf, api_client, and in apache.vhost.tp and now when I do the airtime-check-system is tells me that it fails at AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING

Is there somewhere else I need to tell airtime its on a new port?

all ports are open in my vps. 

• Good news. I am now able to get to the login screen. I had to edit the ports in etc/apache2/port.conf and also in /etc/apache2/sites-available/apache.conf

I still got a few FAILED in the system check though. PLAYOUT ENGINE PROCESS ID, LIQUIDSOAP PROCESS ID and MEDIA MONITOR PROCESS ID.  

I'll continue to setup my shoutcast servers in the admin page and go from there. 
  • no liquidsoap.cfg for me and after looking around the forum and my setup i dont have a liquidsoap bin folder. am i supposed to do?

when i do a dpkg-reconfigure airtime all i get is 
    airtime is broken or not fully installed. 

please help. spent to much time now to give up.
  • If you change your ports, you need to tell the Airtime services where they can contact the Apache server. Change to port from 80 to 8080 in

/etc/airtime/airtime.conf and api_client.cfg
  • Thanks Martin, but I changed those ports earlier and stated above. I can login to the panel but cant stream because I dont have a liquidsoap file. Cant start the playout server because there is no liquidsoap file :(

at a loss of what to do now.
  • Hi,

Have you set up VHOST correctly during the installation wizard? We experimented the same issue when we installed the first time 6 monthes ago. We fixed setting a dedicated VHOST.

Hope this helpful
  • Editing the VHOST did the trick for LIQUIDSOAP! Thanks so much!! I hadnt edited the ServerName. 

Now the only thing giving me a FAILED is MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID

• and i am now good to go.  fixed the media monitor error with the help of this thread

thanks for the help. 

Now it is time to play to see if Airtime will even work for me :)
  • Really happy to read that our experience and advice helped you to fix. Good luck! 
    I'm sure you'll be happy to automate your station with Airtime :-)