Airtime 2.1.2 Update Problems
  • Vote Up0Vote Down AlexAlex

I recently updated my debian Airtime Installation from 2.0.1 to 2.1.2. 

I had 3 problems,
     1 -  a lot of playlists (but not all of them) got their creator reassigned.
     2 - On chrome, any page which allows a full screen scroll (calendar, preferences), is broken. As you scroll the content goes to the bottom and more empty space is created.
     3- My audio output stopped working, play light is fine, audio doesn't go to my soundcard.

Cheers,
    Alex

Post edited by Adam Thomas at 2012-07-02 05:54:35
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Alex,

Thanks for posting this.

Regarding #1, Airtime 2.1 introduced the notion of playlist's creator, so I'm not sure how the creator could have changed from 2.0? Could you elaborate on this?

For #2 Please try clearing your browser cache. Most of us use Chrome and have not had these problems. Out of curiousity what is your OS? We've had one other user with a Mac OS that also reported some chrome issues.

For #3) this may be because another process has grabbed your soundcard (and locked it for exclusive use), while Airtime was updating. 2.1 comes with a utility "airtime-test-soundcard" to let you know if your soundcard is working properly. Let us know how that utility runs.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • [Post moved to Airtime Support!]
    Hey Martin,

You all rule.

1 - I was definitely using 2.0.0 previously, just checked my install files. I bring this up becuase a number of people got locked out of playlists they had created becuase they are now controlled by one of the admin accounts. Its possible that creator wasn't there before, but in some instances the creator still makes sense, so I feel like it must have been. 

2 - Having looked into this, it only occurs with Chrome on Mac OS . I cannot replicate this error on chrome on windows. Clearing the cache doesn't work. However it works just fine in safari.

3 - This is a great new feature. 

I ran it and the output is attached. I think the relevant lines are:

2012/07/02 16:52:45 [alsa_out(default):3] Using ALSA 1.0.23.
    2012/07/02 16:52:45 [threads:1] Thread "alsa_out(default)" aborts with exception Alsa error: No such file or directory!
    2012/07/02 16:52:45 [threads:3] Raised by primitive operation at file "", line 0, characters 0-0
    Thread 4 killed on uncaught exception Alsa.Unknown_error(2)

Any advice?

Ok so, after looking into this error myself I remembered this post:
    where the same thing happened. I had posted on it myself. The solution was simply to unmute your channels in alsamixer, which worked before.

So I decided to go and check my /etc/airtime/liquidsoap.cfg
    and lo and behold it has:

################################################                                
    # THIS FILE IS AUTO GENERATED. DO NOT CHANGE!! #                                
    ################################################                                
    output_sound_device = false

so I changed it to
    output_sound_device = true

sudo service airtime-playout restart

only to go back and find my /etc/airtime/liquidsoap.cfg had been changed back to
    output_sound_device = false

also there were auto-generated backup files of liquidsoap.cfg in the directory that were setup correctly.

Is there some new master config file that I need to use to set output_sound_device that gets used in auto generating liquidsoap.cfg ?

Hope this helps you help me.

Thanks,
    Alex 

Ok so to complete this train of thought.

You moved the front end of liquidsoap.cfg into your web interface.

Silly me for having missed that. Turn on hardware output -> my system is good to go.

Thanks as always for the great work you do.

Alex

• Glad you got the sound working :)

BTW, a playlist's creator after a 2.1 upgrade defaults to the Administrator. Any playlists created in 2.1 will have the correct user as the creator.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro