after airtime updates, icecast is restore passwords and domain
  • Vote Up0Vote Down GigaGiga

Hi,

after each update for airtime, icecast is restoring the passwords to the ones I entered at my first installation, same about the domain address, it uses the domain address I entered at my first installation of airtime, I don't know if it means anything but you should know that this doesn't happen after system reboots.

would appreciate a help.

best regards.

• 8 Comments sorted by
  • Hello, 

We have verified this issue with the Debian package upgrades, and will fix this in the next release.

Post edited by Martin Konecny at 2012-06-25 12:48:05
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Vote Up1Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    This is because the debconf database entry for Airtime stores your Icecast settings. If you later make manual changes to your configuration, they will not be preserved.

To update your settings in a way that they will be preserved on upgrade, you can run:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure airtime

• Hi Giga,

What did you update in airtime? Are you saying updating something airtime causes password reset in icecast?

Thank you

Hi James,

sorry for not being clear, I meant when there is a new release on airtime core and I apt-get update/apt-get upgrade, after the new release is installed I have to edit icecast.xml and change the "hackme" passwords, after doing so all go back to normal.

dears, anyone has a follow up regarding this issue? would appreciate the help
  • Same problem during 2 latests updates : backup /etc/icecast2/icecast.xml before update !
    Follow me on Twitter : http://twitter.com/K8L
    shouldn't this be reported -if it's a bug- ? it can cause major downtime
    Thank you Martin, sorry for the duplication.