"On air" not lighting up and no working stream
  • Vote Up0Vote Down GigaGiga

all are working well apparently, airtime-check returns all ok, and in web ui streams are connection...but after changing port for airtime no stream is working and "on air" is off.

and after searching seems that I should change the ports in /etc/airtime/liquidsoap.cfg, but I have no such file, would appreciate a help.

Thank you

• 16 Comments sorted by
  • You need to change the port in /etc/airtime/api_client.cfg as well as /etc/airtime/airtime.conf
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Vote Up1Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 4:30 AM, Giga <<br />airtime-support@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

> Update: after I changed port back to 80 all came back working again, but I
    > need to change port since I'm hosting more than one site on this server

It isn't right way. You need to make apache virtual host for each separate
    site instead of port changing.
  • Reply to @Giga:

Are there any warning messages when you reload apache?
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Hi Giga,

After you change something(eg, port) on api_client.cfg, you have to restart playout. You can do that by running this command:
    sudo service airtime-playout restart.
    Please update us if this solves your problem.
    If the problem still exits, please post /var/log/airtime/pypo/pypo.log

Thank you
  • You mean on port 8443? glad to hear that.
    Update: after I changed port back to 80 all came back working again, but I need to change port since I'm hosting more than one site on this server

Thanks for the responses, Martin I was not aware about changing the port in the api_client.cfg , so I did change it there too, and rebooted, but it didn't help, what else should I check.

sorry Andrey, I forgot to mention that I changed the port at the vhost and added the port to ports.conf in apache2 and added the rule in ufw in my ubuntu.

thank you all for you cooperation, waiting your reply

Update: I disabled the default site on apache ( 000_default ) then all worked fine, the default is listening to port 80, didn't think it would effect, here is the default site vhost:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost

DocumentRoot /var/www
    <Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    </Directory>
    <Directory /var/www/>
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    allow from all
    </Directory>
    </VirtualHost>

what should I do to have the default working without interfering, thank you

• Can you post vhost file for Airtime?

here is the airtime vhost James:

<VirtualHost *:8443>
      ServerName stream.*domain*.org
    #ServerAlias localhost

ServerAdmin sysradio@*domain*.org

DocumentRoot /usr/share/airtime/public
    DirectoryIndex index.php

SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV "production"

<Directory /usr/share/airtime/public>
    Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    </Directory>
    </VirtualHost>

• That vhost file is enabled and your airtime.conf and api_client.cnf has port defined on port 80? and Airtime is working for you?
    No James, this vhost is enabled, and my airtime.conf and api_cleint.cnf has PORT 8443 not port 80, when I disable 000_defaults airtime works fine, when I enable 000_defaults airtime doesn't stream nor the "on air" icon goes red, but everything else seems normal
    Martin there is a warning message when I disable the 000_default and reload apache, that there is no site on port 80, but thats when the airtime works fine.

James I will try re enable 000_default and then run the mentioned commands and will let you know the results

thank you all

James it is working well right now, will try different tracks and playlists, thank you all for you help, will send more details when I can, thank you.
    Yes James, after a heavy testing, all seems working great, had to reboot the vps for a different reason, a playlist was on, so after reboot all inside airtime was looking fine "on air" on streams correct... but no actual sound was coming out, just an off air note, so ran sudo service airtime-playout restart then all went well, thank you all for your help, best regards.