newscoop 4 install error

• Warning: require_once(/home/pharmat/public_html/public/index.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pharmat/public_html/index.php on line 12

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/pharmat/public_html/public/index.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/pharmat/public_html/index.php on line 12

im on a vps and use php 5.3

whats my next step as im new to the vps
  • 44 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    it looks like the wrong file permissions. Apply chown/chmod coomands

• Hi andrey

It was actually an error with the extraction of the gz file - it had corrupted some data - this has now been fixed

So freshly extracted and installed and i now get a 500 error saying Likely cause is Website Under Maintenance or Programming Error

the same message for /install and /admin
    see apache error log file. There is should be shown a php error.
  • [Wed Jun 13 12:24:37 2012] [error] [client 81.104.203.81] PHP Fatal error:  require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='/home/pharmat/public_html/classes:/home/pharmat/public_html/classes/Extension:/home/pharmat/public_html/template_engine/classes:/home/pharmat/public_html/template_engine/metaclasses:/home/pharmat/public_html/application/../library:/home/pharmat/public_html/library:/home/pharmat/public_html/include:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/pharmat/public_html/install/classes/CampTemplate.php on line 13
    [Wed Jun 13 12:24:37 2012] [error] [client 81.104.203.81] PHP Warning:  require_once(smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pharmat/public_html/install/classes/CampTemplate.php on line 13

smarty/libs/ - we talked about this in another thread where i said its an aliason my mac - on the pc the folder has gone missing but it is on the ftp as a file of some type

just make missed libs alias
  • how i dont understand
    cd /home/pharmat/public_html/include/smarty
    ln -s ./ ./libs

• Thanks for this - as i know nothing about my vps i have asked my host for help on how to do this

by the way i have cheated slightly - i created a new folder called libs an copied the folders and files Smarty.class.php etc into that

that gave me the installer screen - i know have to figure out what GD Image Functions Support is and how to turn it on
    on ubuntu/debian
    sudo apt-get install php5-gd
  • tried them but it failed - how do i found out what im on

cant get any answer from host as yeet
  • actually im on Centos release 5.8 (Final)

can you tell me commands for this distro
    sudo yum install php-gd

• works without sudo (but i am root)

this one - i cant find anything like it to convert and it doesnt know the - in command

root@server [/home/pharmat/public_html/include/smarty]# In -s ./ ./libs
    -bash: In: command not found
    root@server [/home/pharmat/public_html/include/smarty]#

ln is a basic utility (like ls) and should be presented by default. Ask your hoster for that.
    It should be placed in /bin folder.

• ignore me - im having a very stressful day - i put in instead of ln

done that but now i get nothing and the error log says

[Wed Jun 13 12:38:51 2012] [error] [client 81.104.203.81] File does not exist: /home/pharmat/public_html/home
    empty page on installation stage?
  • yes 

I removed my homemade libs folder and used the original with - In -s ./ ./libs 

the install page disappears

if i put mine back as a normal folder it works again

although the GD Image Functions Support still need activating - letting the host sort this for me
  • Right they have done that for me

so i have installed up to the point of which same site - i chose custodian - click next - then nothing but a blank screen

done this twice and the second time it said you already have a database would you like to overwrite - so i know its getting through at that point

im guessing ive got a file missing

so i have installed up to the point of which same site - i chose custodian - click next - then nothing but a blank screen

check error log file
  • error log has nothing
  • its the sample site

lets me carry on if i dont choose a site
  • installed without sample site

seemed to have issue with htaccess (couldnt write)

just gone to admin and got

Newscoop has encountered a problem.Please take a minute to send us an email.Simply copy and paste the error report below and send it to: newscoop-bug@sourcefabric.org. Thank you. Error Report Error ID: 2:Newscoop:4.0:Loader.php:146 Error String: include_once(PDO.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory Time: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 10:17:36 +0100 Backtrace: {closure}() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/library/Zend/Loader.php:146]Zend_Loader::loadFile() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/library/Zend/Loader.php:146]Zend_Loader::loadFile() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/library/Zend/Loader.php:94]Zend_Loader::loadClass() called at [:]call_user_func() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/library/Zend/Loader/Autoloader.php:472]Zend_Loader_Autoloader::_autoload() called at [:]call_user_func() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/library/Zend/Loader/Autoloader.php:124]Zend_Loader_Autoloader::autoload() called at [:]spl_autoload_call() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/library/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:32]include_once() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/library/Zend/Loader.php:146]Zend_Loader::loadFile() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/library/Zend/Loader.php:94]Zend_Loader::loadClass() called at [:]call_user_func() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/library/Zend/Loader/Autoloader.php:472]Zend_Loader_Autoloader::_autoload() called at [:]call_user_func() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/library/Zend/Loader/Autoloader.php:124]Zend_Loader_Autoloader::autoload() called at [:]spl_autoload_call() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/library/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOMySql/Driver.php:42]Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOMySql\Driver::connect() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/library/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php:342]Doctrine\DBAL\Connection::connect() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/library/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php:600]Doctrine\DBAL\Connection::executeQuery() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/library/Doctrine/ORM/Persisters/BasicEntityPersister.php:570]Doctrine\ORM\Persisters\BasicEntityPersister::load() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/library/Doctrine/ORM/EntityRepository.php:181]Doctrine\ORM\EntityRepository::findOneBy() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/library/Newscoop/Services/Auth/DoctrineAuthService.php:48]Newscoop\Services\Auth\DoctrineAuthService::authenticate() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/library/Zend/Auth.php:117]Zend_Auth::authenticate() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/admin-files/do_login.php:43]require_once() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/admin-files/login.php:19]require_once() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/application/modules/admin/controllers/LegacyController.php:129]Admin_LegacyController::indexAction() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/library/Zend/Controller/Action.php:513]Zend_Controller_Action::dispatch() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/library/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php:295]Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard::dispatch() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/library/Zend/Controller/Front.php:954]Zend_Controller_Front::dispatch() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/library/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php:97]Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap::run() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/library/Zend/Application.php:366]Zend_Application::run() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/public/index.php:7]require_once() called at [/home/pharmat/public_html/admin.php:4]
  • well im getting closer

found some info on another thread to say delete zend and install xcache - this has been done by my host

now i deleted my conf folder and started again

this time i get all the way through to newscoop successfully installed - click the administration button then i get blank screen

error logs

[Thu Jun 14 12:23:35 2012] [error] [client 66.249.71.106] File does not exist: /home/pharmat/public_html/404.shtml
    [Thu Jun 14 12:23:35 2012] [error] [client 66.249.71.106] File does not exist: /home/pharmat/public_html/en
    [Thu Jun 14 12:20:36 2012] [error] [client 81.104.203.81] File does not exist: /home/pharmat/public_html/404.shtml
    [Thu Jun 14 12:20:36 2012] [error] [client 81.104.203.81] File does not exist: /home/pharmat/public_html/admin
    [Thu Jun 14 12:19:58 2012] [error] [client 81.104.203.81] File does not exist: /home/pharmat/public_html/404.shtml
    [Thu Jun 14 12:19:58 2012] [error] [client 81.104.203.81] File does not exist: /home/pharmat/public_html/admin
    [Thu Jun 14 12:19:53 2012] [error] [client 81.104.203.81] File does not exist: /home/pharmat/public_html/404.shtml
    [Thu Jun 14 12:19:53 2012] [error] [client 81.104.203.81] File does not exist: /home/pharmat/public_html/admin
    [Thu Jun 14 12:19:47 2012] [error] [client 81.104.203.81] File does not exist: /home/pharmat/public_html/404.shtml
    [Thu Jun 14 12:19:47 2012] [error] [client 81.104.203.81] File does not exist: /home/pharmat/public_html/admin
    it seems .htaccess is not working or missed

to enable rewrite apache module:
    sudo a2enmod rewrite
    sudo /etc/init.d/httpd restart

• is their a way through cpanel of doing this
    i don't know cpanel functionality. Ask cpanel support.
  • my host has done this for me - and checked the .htaccess to make sure writeable - but i still got nothing
  • just tried another machine to make sure not a cache error and it showed the login street

but then went blank

last 33 error messages

[Thu Jun 14 15:18:16 2012] [error] [client 178.154.161.29] Directory index forbidden by Options directive: /home/pharmat/public_html/admin-style/
    [Thu Jun 14 12:27:03 2012] [error] [client 66.249.71.106] File does not exist: /home/pharmat/public_html/404.shtml
    [Thu Jun 14 12:27:03 2012] [error] [client 66.249.71.106] File does not exist: /home/pharmat/public_html/en
    apache rewrite module is not active
  • mod_rewrite is definitely active:

root@server [/home/pharmat/public_html]# service httpd -l
    Compiled in modules:
    core.c
    mod_authn_file.c
    mod_authn_default.c
    mod_authz_host.c
    mod_authz_groupfile.c
    mod_authz_user.c
    mod_authz_default.c
    mod_auth_basic.c
    mod_include.c
    mod_filter.c
    mod_log_config.c
    mod_logio.c
    mod_env.c
    mod_expires.c
    mod_headers.c
    mod_setenvif.c
    mod_version.c
    mod_proxy.c
    mod_proxy_connect.c
    mod_proxy_ftp.c
    mod_proxy_http.c
    mod_proxy_scgi.c
    mod_proxy_ajp.c
    mod_proxy_balancer.c
    mod_ssl.c
    prefork.c
    http_core.c
    mod_mime.c
    mod_status.c
    mod_autoindex.c
    mod_asis.c
    mod_info.c
    mod_suexec.c
    mod_cgi.c
    mod_negotiation.c
    mod_dir.c
    mod_actions.c
    mod_userdir.c
    mod_alias.c
    mod_rewrite.c
    mod_so.c
    but it doesn't work
  • no

it lets me put username / password in

Post edited by mark casson at 2012-06-15 03:29:27
    add to .htaccess:
    SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV "production"

It should show a report in case php error
  • nothing

ive tried it a the top, at the bottom and in betwen the <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> tag
  • i have just deleted the conf again and put the line of code in the ht access fill in all three places - then reinstalled

this is the error log

[Fri Jun 15 12:44:24 2012] [error] [client 66.249.71.106] File does not exist: /home/pharmat/public_html/404.shtml
    [Fri Jun 15 12:44:24 2012] [error] [client 66.249.71.106] File does not exist: /home/pharmat/public_html/en
  • my webhost has decided the best thing to do is delete everything and start again

i am sending them the tar file and they will unack it on the server directly

is their any instructions i should give them for an easy set up

obviously they have deleted the zend and installed the xcache, the mod rewrites and i have reminded them on the gd image and symlink command
    looks like it's enough. It should work.
  • its not worked

went through the whole process fine,  this time got the click here to go to admin - so clicked and then blank again

on the page

Not Found

The requested URL /admin/index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.3.13 Server at www.pharmatoday.net Port 80

apache error log
    [Mon Jun 18 08:15:03 2012] [error] [client 81.104.203.81] File does not exist: /home/pharmat/public_html/404.shtml, referer: http://www.pharmatoday.net/install/
    [Mon Jun 18 08:15:03 2012] [error] [client 81.104.203.81] File does not exist: /home/pharmat/public_html/home, referer: http://www.pharmatoday.net/install/

Not Found

The requested URL /admin/index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

this error is possible if rewrite is disabled or .htacsess is not allowed.

Check in apache visrtual host configuration the option AllowOverride.
    By default it has value none but it should be All

• in the httpd.conf

<Directory "/">
    Option All
    AllowOverride All
    </Directory>
    but apache isn't configure correctly. Rewrite rules from htaccess doesn't work.
  • im guessing being on centos it used apache easy installation

can you send me a definitive guide of what is to be / not to be installed
  • hi andrey

thanks for your help - we all sorted now

the whole server was set up incorrectly so once i had uploaded the files i no longer had permissions to move / overwrite them

cheers