NEWSCOOP 4.0.0 without function
  • constellation: webpack 3.x on HostEurope with NEWSCOOP 4.0.0 - PHP 5.3

First i extract all files on my pc and transmitted them to hosteurope. They where placed in a subfolder. 

During the transmittion i got some errors on my ftp program, so that some folders get lost. 
    An Supporter of HostEurope extracted it again and pushed it in my subfolder. 

When i used to start "index.php" or "admin.php", the url switched form "www.weltklang.de/nco/admin.php" to "www.weltklang.de/nco/intall/". 
    It only displays an empty tab, without any error message. The same result was displayed, if i enhanced "www.weltklang.de/nco/install/" like "www....de/nco/install/install.php".

HostEurope doesn't give any support for 3rd party software. 

I'm realy amazed about the gap between how NewsCoop imaged, and how difficult the installation is shown in rality. 
    Is there anyone who have an idear?

THX
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    empty page means some php error. Check apache error.log file.
    I recommend using vps instead of shared hosting. I'm not sure that newscoop could be started on shared environment.
  • If i open the error.log file for the last 10 entrys, no error about the last activities will be found. 
    [Wed Jun 13 16:31:04 2012] [error] [client 217.69.133.31] File does not exist: /is/htdocs/wp1177110_0HB7SMVLZ1/www/robots.txt
    My last activities are on 16:57 and after.
    Google-Chrome displays:
    An answer of one HostEurope supporter was, that he can't prompt an error with newscoop.
    What do you mean is the minimum hosting need for newscoop?
    Post edited by olaf mittelstädt at 2012-06-13 11:30:33
    I recommend using Hosteurope's Virtual Server L5 (Ubuntu). Newscoop works fine on this machine.
    http://www.hosteurope.de/index.php?func=bestellen&step=1&gruppe=36&produkt=127
    Post edited by Andrey Podshivalov at 2012-06-13 14:14:45
  • But, virtual server without good skils in Linux? Will this work?
    you can choose virtual server with plesk option. Also we offer newscoop hosting solution: http://www.sourcefabric.com/en/newscooppro/
  • I know, that newscoop offers some solutions. But because my budged, i must search for the cheapest way. Is it possible to install "plesk" on a privat ubuntu-server as training machine?
    I guess plesk support can answer