AirTime installation error on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
  • I've been attempting to install AirTime 2.1.0 beta5 on my Ubuntu server; however, when I attempt to install, the "full-install" display an error in the output below.

*** Creating Virtualenv for Airtime ***
    The --no-site-packages flag is deprecated; it is now the default behavior.
    New python executable in /usr/lib/airtime/airtime_virtualenv/bin/python2.6
    Also creating executable in /usr/lib/airtime/airtime_virtualenv/bin/python
    Installing distribute.............................................................................................................................................................................................done.
    Installing pip...............done.
    Running virtualenv with interpreter /usr/bin/python2.6

*** Installing Python Libraries ***
    Usage: /usr/lib/airtime/airtime_virtualenv/bin/pip install [OPTIONS] PACKAGE_NAMES...

/usr/lib/airtime/airtime_virtualenv/bin/pip install: error: no such option: -E

I would appreciate any help on this matter.
    Post edited by Dustin Page at 2012-05-07 11:04:25
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Dustin,

Airtime 2.1.0 beta6 will fix this issue. We are looking into releasing it
    today.

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 2:40 AM, Dustin Page <<br />airtime-support@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

> I've been attempting to install both AirTime 2.0.3 and AirTime 2.1.0 beta5
    > on my Ubuntu server; however, when I attempt to install, the "full-install"
    > does not reach any farther this output below.
    >
    > *** Creating Virtualenv for Airtime ***
    > The
  • We actually tested Airtime 2.0.3 on a beta version of Ubuntu 12.04 and it worked.

It seems like a lot of changes were made between the Ubuntu beta and the final release, such as removing this "-E" option from pip.

We've made all the necessary changes for Airtime 2.1 to work with 12.04, I don't think we'll update Airtime 2.0.x for this.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • I think it probably has something to do with Ubuntu as well.

It would be fantastic if Beta 6 was released today.

Thank you again.