ETA for 2.1?
  • No pressure here, just attempting to figure out my station's roadmap. We don't want to roll out remote stream broadcasting until it's part of a production build, (version 2.1), and I'm seeing that the release date for 2.1 in the dev site is showing today for v2.1. I've also seen that release date change a couple of times already. What would be a reasonable guess for the release date of Airtime 2.1?

I have a temporary workaround for our important live shows, but we have plans to begin involving live DJs doing remote shows as soon as 2.1 is released, installed, and tested with our current production workflow.

Thanks in advance.
  • 19 Comments sorted by
  • I can't emphasize enough the importance of community members getting involved in the testing process, though. Everybody wants to sit and wait for Airtime to come out and be _perfect_, but it doesn't get that way until we all roll up our sleeves and really test it.
    Douglas Arellanes
    Director of Innovation
    Sourcefabric, o.p.s.

Find a way or make one.
  • Hi,

We're in the polishing phase, and ironing out a few remaining bugs. We'll update the final date next week.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Awesome - thank you!
  • Martin,

Any news for the shuffle/random features?
    We're running the 2.0.3 in our production enviroment and testing the 2.1 beta 3.

Thanks
  • Yes, we want to add that to the next major release (2.2).
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    An for the moment this feature is not really important
    more are critical...

you can easily do this with ls_script.liq modifications...
  • Again, we're not all programmers Albert so please don't discount a feature request just because someone else wants it and you can program it into yours.   ^:)^

This isn't meant to be aggressive (sounds like it when I read it back). Just making the point that not all users are programmers. And to continually point it out would only serve to alienate potential users as it may give the appearance that this is a product for skilled developers and admins.
    Post edited by Rick Munday at 2012-04-11 18:33:50
  • Airtime is a really good product and when the 2.1 major release will be released it will really enable a new way to manage the my station. 
    Randomization, specifically for me is not a priority even useful: we're mainly a talk radio and we we play music just to fill the empty slots. To do that we created several different playlists. It's a no technical workaround but helps.

Any way we're introducing Airtime to other broadcasters here in Italy. For them the possibility to randomize the playlist is a priority that make the difference from a "Go" and a "No Go".

Hope not to bore you all but all I read about ls_script.liq it's really not easy to me to implement. A tutorial published here would be great.

THanks.

Dario
    Rick, I don't say that too ;)
    but if you read all threads about users features you will see others needs
    perhaps more important for noob peoples ;)

for example :
    - a simple system to backup database from the web interface
    - import/export playlist (m3u ?)
    - sheduled live (that's my precious...)
    - etc

Post edited by Albert FR at 2012-04-15 10:23:30
  • LOL! "that my precious..."

No problem and I understand, some of our wish lists are in the pipeline too. I just know from other projects I tried, they were a complete turn off when the stock answer became "program it yourself". I can see why people would be quickly turned off by those comments.

We're patiently waiting.  :)
  • Vote Up0Vote Down DominicDominic
    Hi, just wondering how the polishing of 2.1 is going? We are getting increasing offers of live stream relays and I keep saying we can add them soon.

How soon is now?
    When it is ready ;)
    Post edited by Albert FR at 2012-05-03 10:38:57
    useful answer..
  • Hi Dominic,

While it's always dangerous to set dates for this kind of thing, all the indications I'm getting from the Airtime developers say that it should be ready by the end of May 2012.

You can help this process by testing the beta versions and finding bugs (and then filing tickets on http://dev.sourcefabric.org).
    Douglas Arellanes
    Director of Innovation
    Sourcefabric, o.p.s.

Find a way or make one.
    Thanks Douglas,

That's really helpful. It means we can plan to incorporate live events in June (but not make them mission critical).

Very much appreciated
    Hey, yes I totally appreciate that. In fact, the moment I finish work, get home, get my kids into bed, finish writing this funding bid, put a rocket behind some late submissions, cook the evening meal.etc etc etc I'll do it:)

Kidding (ish). You're right of course, I will set up the beta on my test box this weekend to play with in advance of the updates. 
    Post edited by Dominic at 2012-05-03 12:20:39
  • Dominic, take a look at the estimated date on the developer summary page for Airtime. I think Martin, who is the lead on the Airtime project, also mentioned that date in this forum (elsewhere). I see 25 active entries for bugs being worked on for today (May 3, 2012) alone (kudos to the team - squash those bugs!)

I look forward to beta 6 and the subsequent RC.
    more seriously, if you want to see the 2.1 come faster you can help the airtime time with give them some founds or help them with debugging

And don't forget, in Free Software the apps come when they are ready ;) 
    Thanks for that link wade, much appreciated.

Please don't think I was moaning, it was a simple question so we can plan ahead. I have nothing but total respect for the team and the support they have given us in the past.

I have indeed set up a test box this weekend and will give as much feedback as I can.