AirTime running in a different subdirectory
  • I have AirTime and Wordpress installed on a test server at our college campus.
    Currently, when I type the URL to our radio station, the AirTime login appears.

What I would like to do is the following:
    1. Have the Wordpress blog appear when a visitor enters the domain name of our website.
    2. Access the AirTime login like this --> http://mysite.edu/airtime

We originally installed AirTime this past December and upgraded to the latest version this month using the "minimal-installation" instructions on FlossManuals.  Wordpress is installed under /var/www/.

I would appreciate any detailed instructions for how to accomplish this.
  • 11 Comments sorted by
  • Hi,

As far as I'm aware you need to have Airtime installed as the doc root of your server. You should be able to use Apache vhost to change the port however so could access mysite.edu:8080 and it wouldn't interfere with Wordpress.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • I've modified the virtual hosts in Apache; however, when I have my Wordpress site and AirTime enabled (apache2ensite), the AirTime login screen appears instead of my Wordpress site.

Is there anyway to fix this?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    It's very easy. Just specify ServerName site_name_here in each virtual host section and reload apache.
    Also you should specify all alternate site names via ServerAlias site_name_2 site_name_3

• After spending a day modifying Apache, I finally got the solution to work.

Now, the AirTime interface appears at port 8080.

Thank you all for the help!
  • Well, I have a new problem now. ;)

Now, the progress bars show the song as playing, but the "On-Air" button is unlit.
    I have gone to "log.pypo" and here's what the file shows:

2012-03-04 10:53:05,327 DEBUG - [api_client.py : __get_airtime_version() : line 202] - Data: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
    <html><head>
    <title>404 Not Found</title>
    </head><body>
    <h1>Not Found</h1>
    <p>The requested URL /api/version/api_key/7O7IIFS4MU9FENXEULF0 was not found on this server.</p>
    <hr>
    <address>Apache/2.2.20 (Ubuntu) Server at localhost Port 80</address>
    </body></html>

2012-03-04 10:53:05,328 ERROR - [api_client.py : __get_airtime_version() : line 207] - Unable to detect Airtime Version - No JSON object could be decoded
    2012-03-04 10:53:05,328 INFO - [api_client.py : is_server_compatible() : line 233] - Unable to get Airtime version number.

2012-03-04 10:53:10,335 DEBUG - [api_client.py : __get_airtime_version() : line 195] - Trying to contact http://localhost:80/api/version/api_key/%%api_key%%
    2012-03-04 10:53:10,337 DEBUG - [api_client.py : __get_airtime_version() : line 202] - Data: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
    <html><head>
    </head><body>
    <h1>Not Found</h1>
    <p>The requested URL /api/version/api_key/7O7IIFS4MU9FENXEULF0 was not found on this server.</p>
    <hr>
    </body></html>

2012-03-04 10:53:10,338 ERROR - [api_client.py : __get_airtime_version() : line 207] - Unable to detect Airtime Version - No JSON object could be decoded
    2012-03-04 10:53:10,338 INFO - [api_client.py : is_server_compatible() : line 233] - Unable to get Airtime version number.

2012-03-04 10:53:15,345 DEBUG - [api_client.py : __get_airtime_version() : line 195] - Trying to contact http://localhost:80/api/version/api_key/%%api_key%%
    2012-03-04 10:53:15,347 DEBUG - [api_client.py : __get_airtime_version() : line 202] - Data: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
    <html><head>
    </head><body>
    <h1>Not Found</h1>
    <hr>
    </body></html>

I'd appreciate any help with this matter.
  • Go into /etc/airtime/api_client.cfg and change "base_port" to 8080.

While you're at it, change it in /etc/airtime/airtime.conf as well.
    Post edited by Martin Konecny at 2012-03-04 13:17:25
  • The server is now streaming the content.  I changed both files as stated in the previous post.

I have one last question.  When I run the airtime check system script, it says that there is a problem with the AirTime installation.

PHP Deprecated:  Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/ming.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/sqlite.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/sqlite.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING      = OK
    KERNEL_VERSION                 = UNKNOWN
    MACHINE_ARCHITECTURE           = UNKNOWN
    TOTAL_MEMORY_MBYTES            = UNKNOWN
    TOTAL_SWAP_MBYTES              = UNKNOWN
    AIRTIME_VERSION                = UNKNOWN
    OS                             = Ubuntu 11.10 i686
    CPU                            = Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz
    WEB_SERVER                     = A
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = FAILED
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 0
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_MEM_PERC        = 0%
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_CPU_PERC        = 0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = FAILED
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 0
    LIQUIDSOAP_MEM_PERC            = 0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_CPU_PERC            = 0%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = FAILED
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 0
    MEDIA_MONITOR_MEM_PERC         = 0%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_CPU_PERC         = 0%
    SHOW_RECORDER_PROCESS_ID       = FAILED
    SHOW_RECORDER_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 0
    SHOW_RECORDER_MEM_PERC         = 0%
    SHOW_RECORDER_CPU_PERC         = 0%
    RABBITMQ_PROCESS_ID            = FAILED
    RABBITMQ_RUNNING_SECONDS       = 0
    RABBITMQ_MEM_PERC              = 0%
    RABBITMQ_CPU_PERC              = 0%

-- There appears to be a problem with your Airtime installation.

I'd appreciate any advice on this as well.

• Hi,

This is a problem with your system. Although this is not related to Airtime I can tell you how to fix it (briefly).

Please go into /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/ming.ini and replace any hashtags (#) with two forward slashes (//)

Also, open /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini and remove any line that refers to /usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/sqlite.so (since this file is missing, it is causing errors).

After that, do "sudo service apache2 restart" from the terminal.
  • I've looked through that file, and I do not see anything that refers to "etc/php5/apache2/php.ini and remove any line that refers to /usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/sqlite.so."

I removed the sqlite portions in the server, but I still get the same message like above.

I've backed up the original file and uploaded it to Dropbox as a text file if you would like to see it.  We really appreciate your support on this matter.  

• Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    just remove sqlite.ini, sqlite3.ini and pdo_sqlite.ini files from /etc/php5/conf.d/