How to change content of Now Playing
  • Hi,

For Airtime to be of any use to our Radio Station, we need some way to move songs, ID´s etc. in real-time. i.e. the Now Playing List or the Playlist that is currently On Air.

Example: Fred is doing a live show with music requests from the audience, but while he is talking notices that the theme song for his show is running out, how does he quickly make the song repeat or add it as the next item on the Now Playing list?

Thank you for your help!
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Paul BaranowskiPaul Baranowski
    Currently Airtime only supports automated shows.  We are working towards supporting live shows as well, but currently it is not possible
  • Currently Airtime only supports automated shows.  We are working towards supporting live shows as well, but currently it is not possible

*like*
  • Ok, would love to have that feature. According to the Roadmap this will only be after 2.2.0?
  • Umm, this just clicked in my head and maybe it'll help with live show options... 

I'm not sure what the latency is so take it with a grain of salt, but live-to-air voice using the web interface with speex protocol? I know it works quite well with our (my day job) voice conferencing bridge. Virtually no latency.