Stream - Remove Bad Stream
  • Under System > Stream Settings:

How do you *remove* a stream? I mis-configured one and now I can't remove it.

• 13 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Paul BaranowskiPaul Baranowski
    You should just be able to disable the stream using the checkbox that says "Enabled".

• Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    or modify it ;) easily :D
  • I was asking about removing it, not editing it! hehehe

Ya know... You're a bunch of wise guys!  :))
  • So, how do you remove the bad stream?

I have Stream 1 as originally setup.

I have Stream 2 as the bad stream.

I have Stream 3 going to our host.

How do I remove Stream 2?

• Vote Up0Vote Down Paul BaranowskiPaul Baranowski
    I don't understand what you mean by "remove" the stream, and also don't understand what is bad about it.

Can you be more specific about what you would like to happen?
  • It's no longer online (I set it up from some old notes and it goes nowhere.)

The new one is icecast and not shoutcast. When I tried to reset it using the correct config on Stream 2 it never connected and won't update the "Getting information from the server..." block. I never even see a connect in the remote server logs.

Could it be because they (Stream 1 and Stream 2) are both on port 8000 even though they reside on unique IP's in the same Class C?

Stream 1 -> Localhost (icecast) port 8000
    Stream 2 -> Different host same, Class C  (shoutcast) port 8000
    Stream 3 -> Different host, different network entirely (icecast) port 8010

I'd like for it to be just blank since it's not in use right now. I'm sure it's in a config file but didn't want to go editing on files willy nilly.
  • The plot thickens... When looking for the Stream 2 entry server field -

'grep -r "servername_here" /whatever_directories' in the various directories turns up empty. Is it kept in a database field?

Somehow I think the issue is going to be due to the port being the same for Stream 1 & 2 even though they are on different IP's. We saw this issue on another *nix broadcast system years ago.

It's probably not that big of a deal, but I really dislike unused fields containing data. It makes future troubleshooting confusing because you can end up chasing entries that may not have anything to do with the issue.
  • Hang on, this could be a completely different issue - one of the guys here just read that this machine should be exposed to the net? We've been double punching firewall rules (local on the machine and through our external firewall).

Is that correct? You want this sitting on the edge?

• Not to be a pain but can someone verify this? Are you putting that much faith in the native firewall on Ubuntu?

• Ubuntu does not come with a firewall by default, did you install one?

Eitherway you can have your server behind a firewall and port forward to it, or put the server on the "edge" as you said - it's not an uncommon practice as you seem to imply, by default Ubuntu comes with a minimal set listening ports enabled. 

Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Ubuntu 11.04 and older (I'm sure newer too) come with 'ufw' but it's not enabled by default. Or iptables depending on how old they are.

Do you have a list of ports/protocols that should be open? While I may trust Ubuntu, I'd still rather it sat behind our hardware firewall.

One of our streams (Stream 3) worked initially to feed our license host but now has stopped as well. I'm not sure where to start looking but I keep falling back to it being a firewall issue.

We're going to reload that server today and start from scratch to be sure we didn't bugger something up while playing around with the initial issue for this post. 

• I would leave ports 80 and 8000 open. Port 80 is for Apache and 8000 is for icecast.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • OK, we're going to be reloading again here in a few minutes.

80 Front End (Apache)
    8000 Stream (icecast)
    22 ssh (remote admin)
    Post edited by Rick Munday at 2012-02-15 11:38:42