Watched folders explanation...
  • I've read I think whole documentation about it, but some things are still not quite clear to me. Exactly what is Import folder and what are Watched folders? Right now, seems like Import folder is where the media files are imported when using "Add media" option and Watched folder is a place from where are files are imported to database, but they are not touched.

My problem is that I have one folder which I wish to be left untouched, but still I want its contents avalable in database and usable in playlists. Every filename needs to stay as original is, no ID3 tags should be edited and I want that concent still available for Airtime...

I think what I need is Watched folder facility but I'm still not sure and won't put it in my production environment because the files stored are of huge importance to me...

Thanks...
    Post edited by Igor Markovic at 2012-02-07 11:18:53
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • seems like I'm right after more careful doc reading... still it would be good if someone confirms... :)
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Paul BaranowskiPaul Baranowski
    Yes, the content of watched folder files are not altered.

However, there is a bug in 2.0.0:
    http://dev.sourcefabric.org/browse/CC-3299

The file ownership is changed to "www-data" for all the files that are watched.  This will be fixed in 2.0.1 where we will not change the owner of the file and instead set the files to be world-readable. 

• Well I can say this is not the case with my installation, I see wall files retained the original owner...