Help for recording and rebroadcast
  • Hi,

after several monthes of testing in a desktop enviroment we installed succesfully Airtime 2.0 on a Debian Squeeze VPS. It works very well but we cannot record and rebroadcast.
    When we schedule a new show the system allow us to flag tha "Record from line in" checkbox and the "Rebroadcast", but after the show has been scheduled we cannot add any content to it: the menu allow only to edit the show or delete the istance.
    In similar way, if we try to activate the rebroadcast after the show scheduled and the content added then the recording options are blinded.
    We suppose it could be a soundcard related issue but we're not so confortable to fix it on our "command line only" enviroment.
    Any idea? Here following, under the signature,the airtime-check-system script result for more details.
    It's really crucial for us because without the recording and rebroadcasting features enable the station management would be really time consuming and tedious.
    Thanks.

Dario
    Radio Libriamoci Web - Italy

root@rlwebradio:~# airtime-check-system
    AIRTIME_STATUS_URL             = http://localhost/api/status/format/json/api_key                                                                             /%%api_key%%
    AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING      = OK
    KERNEL_VERSION                 = 2.6.32-238.19.1.el5.028stab092.2
    MACHINE_ARCHITECTURE           = x86_64
    TOTAL_MEMORY_MBYTES            = 1048800
    TOTAL_SWAP_MBYTES              = UNKNOWN
    AIRTIME_VERSION                = 2.0.0
    OS                             = Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 (squeeze) x86_64
    CPU                            = Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5620  @ 2.40GHz
    WEB_SERVER                     = Apache/2.2.16 (Debian)
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = 30454
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 47264
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_MEM_PERC        = 1.4%
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_CPU_PERC        = 0.0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = 30457
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 47264
    LIQUIDSOAP_MEM_PERC            = 2.0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_CPU_PERC            = 5.9%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = 12275
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 168319
    MEDIA_MONITOR_MEM_PERC         = 3.0%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_CPU_PERC         = 0.0%
    SHOW_RECORDER_PROCESS_ID       = 13366
    SHOW_RECORDER_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 168317
    SHOW_RECORDER_MEM_PERC         = 1.2%
    SHOW_RECORDER_CPU_PERC         = 0.0%
    RABBITMQ_PROCESS_ID            = 11725
    RABBITMQ_RUNNING_SECONDS       = 168316
    RABBITMQ_MEM_PERC              = 2.6%
    RABBITMQ_CPU_PERC              = 0.0%

-- Your installation of Airtime looks OK!

• 10 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Dario,

When you create a recorded show, you should not be able to schedule items in it. Instead, what happens is that when the show starts, your microphone turns on and starts recording.

Please note that at the present moment, you cannot simultaneously Record + Stream simultaneously.

Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Hi Martin, thank you for answering.

Probably ther's something I miss :-)

Let's do an example:
    I schedule a show (content included) at 9am and I need to rebroadcast it at 9pm.
    What's the step by step procedure? Have I to create a "recording only" event overlapping and then reschedule it at the next slot?

Hope you'll be so kind to clarify to me this point.

Regards.

Dario
  • Good question !!!
    I'm wainting for the answer ! I've never found the issue !

RécréaZoom - La radio éducative et non-commerciale du CECL : Pour contribuer à l'éducation aux médias (using Airtime)
  • It's really crucial because in a schedule like tha one we run in which we stream the weather forecast hourly at this time we have to schedule this show manually every hour, every day.

So please let us know if a workaround is possible.

Thanks again and thanks Michael for joining this discussion.
  • When I want to rebroadcast a show.... I create a new show copying the title, the URL and the content...

(Radio-Libriamoci Web : thx for your visit on our website)
    Post edited by Michael La Souriciere at 2012-02-06 08:11:12
    RécréaZoom - La radio éducative et non-commerciale du CECL : Pour contribuer à l'éducation aux médias (using Airtime)
  • Hi Michael, 

Create several new shows is just what I would like to avoid. I think this should be the recording and rebroadcast feature purpose.

We really appriciate Airtime and Linux OS for streaming (generally speaking). An enviroment like this is very very stable, the audio quality is high. We would like to migrate our schedule from the current one to Airtime in a week but this point is really crucial.

I look forward for an answer from Sourcefabric.

Great project BuzzRadio MIchael. Congratulation. Any opportunity to cooperate is welcome.

Dario
  • Yes ! Any opportunity to cooperate is welcome !
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Paul BaranowskiPaul Baranowski
    """
    Let's do an example:
    I schedule a show (content included) at 9am and I need to rebroadcast it at 9pm.
    What's
    the step by step procedure? Have I to create a "recording only" event
    overlapping and then reschedule it at the next slot?
    """

Please note that the "record" feature can currently only record from the hardware "Line In" -- meaning where you hook up your mic to the computer.

If you want to rebroadcast a predefined track list, you would create a playlist, then add that playlist to each show where you want it to play.  There is no automated way to do this at the moment.

• That is that I have understood !
    It could be nice to plan this feature...
    Post edited by Michael La Souriciere at 2012-02-06 09:26:51
  • Thanks Paul,

Now it's clear: only live shows can be recorded.

I agree with Michael