Building Liquidsoap from SVN to start work with airtime.
  • Hello everyone, it's my frist post and i need help with basic procedure.

On page: https://wiki.sourcefabric.org/display/CC/Building+Liquidsoap+from+SVN we had info about building liquidsoap from svn but on ubuntu.. I use Debian.. And that's the problem. I can install liquidsoap from repository but than i cannot work with aac format. 
    The problem it's with packages. I cannot install , debian don't found it. What repository of debian i need to use? For now i use wheezy (testing), in that repo i found liquidsoap 1.0.0. My question.. From where i can get all packages for debian? It's possible to apt-get install it? On i need to install it manualy? 
    Post edited by Jakub Górnicki at 2012-01-25 06:22:54
  • 8 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up1Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hello,

If you want to decode AAC files I think installing the wheezy version of Liquidsoap and the package:

http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/liquidsoap-plugin-faad

should be enough, I don't think you would need to build Liquidsoap from source. If you are trying to stream in AAC you would also need the package:

http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/liquidsoap-plugin-voaacenc

In this case you would not install the Liquidsoap package from apt.sourcefabric.org as you already have Liquidsoap in your distro of choice.

After that, you should set up the git repository for Airtime as shown here:

https://wiki.sourcefabric.org/display/CC/Developer+GIT+Setup

I would suggest creating a new local git branch to work on the AAC support in Airtime. You will also need to modify the Airtime source to use the Wheezy package of Liquidsoap rather than the Liquidsoap binaries which are shipped with the upstream tarball, like this:

# Remove Liquidsoap binaries
    rm -r airtime/python_apps/pypo/liquidsoap_bin/

# Disable installation of Liquidsoap binaries
    sed -i '83s:print:#print:g' airtime/python_apps/pypo/install/pypo-initialize.py
    sed -i '84s:if:#if:g' airtime/python_apps/pypo/install/pypo-initialize.py
    sed -i '85s:shutil.copy:#shutil.copy:g' airtime/python_apps/pypo/install/pypo-initialize.py
    sed -i '86s:else:#else:g' airtime/python_apps/pypo/install/pypo-initialize.py
    sed -i '87s:print:#print:g' airtime/python_apps/pypo/install/pypo-initialize.py
    sed -i '88s:sys.exit(1):#sys.exit(1):g' airtime/python_apps/pypo/install/pypo-initialize.py

# Modify the Liquidsoap path to distro installed Liquidsoap path
    sed -i '9s:/usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_bin/liquidsoap:/usr/bin/liquidsoap:g' airtime/python_apps/pypo/airtime-liquidsoap

Please let us know how you get on, we are very interested to hear about your progress.

Cheers!

Daniel

• GitHub it's not good idea on wheezy i think.. I get error on confing.
    git: /usr/local/lib/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by git)

I thinks libz had some bug on tested version.. Need to wait for new libz now. 
    I canno set up my info . Instruction from:

No mather.. We can do that for some time.

• One more question.. Install version 2.0 or 2.1 dev? What it's the best for now? 
    Post edited by ones at 2012-01-25 08:00:40
  • Do you want AAC support ? that is right?

Did you get this ?!

The Liquidsoap developers no longer update the SVN repository. Check the Mercurial guide to building Liquidsoap .

I builded LS from Mercurial, and i think I have 1.0.1 version.
    Post edited by krzakx at 2012-01-25 10:41:07
  • I want to start it's again from "fresh".
    Firstly.. I want to get liquidsoap 1.0.0 and icecast2. In debian sequeeze we don't had liquidsoap 1.0.0 , only 0.9.3 . Installing icecast2 it's not a problem. 

edit@@

The big problem it's with:
    sudo apt-get install libocamlcvs-ocaml-dev ocaml-findlib libao-ocaml-dev libportaudio-ocaml-dev \
    libmad-ocaml-dev libtaglib-ocaml-dev libalsa-ocaml-dev libtaglib-ocaml-dev libvorbis-ocaml-dev \
    libspeex-dev libspeexdsp-dev speex libladspa-ocaml-dev festival festival-dev \
    libsamplerate-dev libxmlplaylist-ocaml-dev libxmlrpc-light-ocaml-dev libflac-dev \
    libxml-dom-perl libxml-dom-xpath-perl icecast2 patch autoconf libmp3lame-dev mercurial \
    libcamomile-ocaml-dev libcamlimages-ocaml-dev libtool
    I cannot get it from repo of debian.

edit@@
    One more.. When i get wheezy i had problem with github than i want go to sequeez.
    Post edited by ones at 2012-01-25 11:06:44
  • Do you have in your source.list this entry?

deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org squeeze main non-free
    deb-src http://www.debian-multimedia.org squeeze main non-free

• Yea. Sure.

See what i get:

Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    Note, selecting 'libcameleon-ocaml-dev' instead of 'libocamlcvs-ocaml-dev'
    Note, selecting 'libsamplerate0-dev' instead of 'libsamplerate-dev'
    libao-ocaml-dev is already the newest version.
    icecast2 is already the newest version.
    ocaml-findlib is already the newest version.
    ocaml-findlib set to manually installed.
    patch is already the newest version.
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.

The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     libcameleon-ocaml-dev : Depends: liblablgtk2-ocaml-dev-t1zm6
                             Depends: liblablgtksourceview2-ocaml-dev-lz840
     libcamlimages-ocaml-dev : Depends: liblablgtk2-ocaml-dev-t1zm6
     libcamomile-ocaml-dev : Depends: libcamomile-ocaml-data (= 0.7.2-2) but 0.8.3-2 is to be installed
     libflac-dev : Depends: libogg-dev but it is not going to be installed
     libmad-ocaml-dev : Depends: libmad0-dev but it is not going to be installed
     libportaudio-ocaml-dev : Depends: portaudio19-dev but it is not going to be installed
     libspeex-dev : Depends: libspeex1 (= 1.2~rc1-1) but 1.2~rc1-3 is to be installed
     libvorbis-ocaml-dev : Depends: libogg-ocaml-dev-k1ib0
                           Depends: libvorbis-dev but it is not going to be installed
                           Depends: libogg-ocaml-dev but it is not going to be installed
    E: Broken packages
    Post edited by ones at 2012-01-25 12:47:09
  • I've been some times on weezy and now change to squeeze and i think the system think i'am on wheezy now.. That why i cannot do that.