Liquidsoap engine is continually restarting
  • Hi,

I know that the issue about "No On Air"-light is very common and I've tried to search the forums and look at the log-files, but without any luck.
    I've installed Airtime using the "Expert Install" as I though that was the easiest to understand (in terms of the steps to do).

I've no problem to login to Airtime and I can stream to Icecast through Mixxx, but when I do a airtime-check-system I get the message that "Liquidsoap engine is continually restarting", that it has been running for 0 seconds and "LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID" is blank. I guess all my troubles are related to this, so my question is.. how can I verify that it is installed and what the problem might be? How may I re-install/start Liquidsoap?

At first I looked at the log-file (/var/log/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log), but when I deleted it (just wanted to reset it), it's not populated any more, even when I'm creating a new log-file with the same name as pypo. :( I've also read the FAQ and my timezone and other suggestions seems all to be correct. Airtime is installed on a virtual, local test-server and everything else seems to be working perfectly.

CPU                            = Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU       M 370  @ 2.40GHz
    Total RAM                      = 514684 kB
    Free RAM                       = 302212 kB
    OS                             = 6.0.3 Intel 80386
    AIRTIME_CONFIG_FILES           = OK
    POSTGRESQL_DATABASE            = OK
    PYTHON_KOMBU_VERSION           = 1.2.0
    PYTHON_POSTER_VERSION          = 0.8.1
    PYTHON_MUTAGEN_VERSION         = 1.20
    PYTHON_PYINOTIFY_VERSION       = 0.9.2
    RABBITMQ_SERVER                = OK
    AIRTIME_VERSION_URL            = http://localhost:80/api/version/api_key/%%api_key%%
    APACHE_CONFIGURED              = YES
    AIRTIME_VERSION                = 1.9.5
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = 831
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 1684
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          =
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 0
      -- WARNING! It looks like the Liquidsoap engine is continually restarting.
      --
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = 878
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 1684
    SHOW_RECORDER_PROCESS_ID       = 898
    SHOW_RECORDER_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 1682
    ICECAST_PROCESS_ID             = 844

Running the command: /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_bin/liquidsoap /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/library/pervasives.liq 'ignore(output.icecast(%vorbis, host = "localhost", port = 8000, password = "hackme", mount = "airplay.ogg", sine()))'

Seems to work perfectly... Any ideas what I might try?
    Post edited by Benjamin Krause at 2012-01-19 06:22:57
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Ended up re-installing the system and everything just worked. :)
  • Hi,

Next time you can run "sudo service airtime-playout restart" to restart liquidsoap.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro