Emergency broadcast show for 2.0.0-beta2
  • I have an issue with Airtime 2.0.0-beta2.

I added a show1 yesterday:

Start show1 - 16-dec - 11:00
    Stop show1 - 17-dec - 11:00

So far so good.

I got a call from an organisation if we could broadcast a special evening for them.

I added show2 yesterday:

Start show2 - 16-dec - 20:00
    Stop show2 - 16 -dec - 23:59

As you see i created a show2 into the time show1 was still broadcasted.

@ 20.00 Airtime neatly started broadcasting show2.
    I could see in the webUI for some seconds it started with the first song i added to show2.

After that couple of seconds my "On Air" went grey and the track of show1 displays as playing now.

But on the stream liquidsoap continued broadcasting the music i did put into show2.

So far so good, only that airtime didnt show the good Now Playing song...

But then @ 23:59 show2 ended as expected. I thought now airtime will put back show1 into the stream. Stream did go silent. Logged in to airtime, it says now playing a song from show1 but still with the grey "On Air" status.

When i manually sshd to airtime to restart the playout engine it began broadcasting again.

Anyone have a solution for this, bug, setting or else in airtime/liquidsoap?

http://i.imgur.com/3GqzK.png
    Post edited by Gice at 2011-12-22 17:53:50
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Paul BaranowskiPaul Baranowski
    You cannot overlap shows like that in Airtime, it is up to the Program Manager to make sure that shows do not overlap.  If you do have overlapping shows, then weird stuff will happen, like you noticed.  I'm impressed that it almost worked :).

• Is this a call for a new feature maybe?
    Or is it not possible in Liquidsoap ?

Post edited by Gice at 2011-12-25 17:09:22
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Paul BaranowskiPaul Baranowski
    Interesting feature...you are the first one to request it...but I think it would be solved by being able to update a show that was already playing.  We will be implementing that feature soon-ish.