EC2 Ubuntu Install of 1.9.4
  • This is a great project, congrats on the hard work.

I was able to successfully get Airtime Running on 10.04 LTS in amazon cloud in about 30 minutes.

Wanted to share my install process and tips...

I used the latest official ami's from ubuntu, and installing the first time had a problem with finding all the packages, and permissions for the install scripts to be able to execute.

So to make it work on stock ami I did these steps.

echo "deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid multiverse" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
    apt-get update

chmod -R 777 airtime-1.9.4
    cd ~/airtime-x.x.x/install_full/ubuntu/
    sudo ./airtime-full-install

Make sure you set timezone on server and airtime, or ON AIR wont work.

apt-get install tzdata
    dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

Then vi /usr/share/airtime/public/.htaccess
    php_value date.timezone "America/Toronto"

Login as admin/admin and your good to go.

Again this looks like great project. Its clear a lot of hard work went into the documentation and packaging, A testament that this project will be successfully.

I'm working in integrating skype, red5, and freeswitch in the mix to provide a live audio and video platform.

will keep you posted.

Regards,
    Stephen

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    hi Stephen,

thanks a lot.

Quote:
    I'm working in integrating skype, red5, and freeswitch in the mix to provide a live audio and video platform.

great, also look at http://bigbluebutton.org/ which also based on red5 and freeswitch
  • Andrey, thats what we will be using, we actually provide commericial support for Bigbluebutton and Freeswitch, and are one of the few providers endorsed on project page.

Do you have experience with integration. looking for use cases on how DJ's remotely access the live audio input, so airtime can record, and stream.

We have BBB/freeswitch already configured to stream conferences to icecast, and provide inbound sip, and DID telephone call in.

Would be glad to work with anyone on this. Lot of potential.

regards,
    Stephen
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    I just used BBB as webinar software and have more experience with asterisk.
    Quote:
    looking for use cases on how DJ's remotely access the live audio input, so airtime can record, and stream.

look also at http://phono.com/ It's a jquery/flash based sip phone for integration on web page
  • Stephen
    I am thinking about doing this for our radio station as well.  With the one year free EC2 accounts right now, it seems perfect for our station.  We only have been on air about 6 months.  We need something to automate our station, and I think Air Time will be it.

I am new to EC2, but not new to networking, servers, etc. I just got my first EC2 server running minutes ago.  It looks so easy.

What was the AMI # for the official Ubuntu 10.04 LTS you found?  I found one (ami-2409e34d) it doesn't seem "official". 

Thank you
    Walt

• Walt sorry for delay in responding,,,,  been busy and not checked forums.

I use alestic.com  they list the latest official ubuntu server releases by Region.  I always select from this list when building a new server.

We have successfully installed freeswitch on our airtime server, and i have DIDs, Sip Phones, and Skype all working.   I'm automating the switch with live fallback and auto archiving right now.

Would be glad to discuss the project.

regards,

Stephen