DB Error on Ubuntu 11.04 installation
  • Hi there,

I've installed and re-installed Airtime many times now on my Ubuntu 11.04, without much success.  Although I am able to get to the login page, I cannot login because I get an error message: "DB Error - no such table."  I looked at my Postgres server, and noticed that although an airtime user and database were created, the database is empty.

The output of my airtime-check-system command is as follows:
    PHP Deprecated:  Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/idn.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Deprecated:  Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/mhash.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Deprecated:  Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/ming.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/apc.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/apc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/mhash.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/mhash.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    CPU                            = Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  T2330  @ 1.60GHz
    Total RAM                      = 3086008 kB
    Free RAM                       = 91312 kB
    OS                             = Ubuntu 11.04 Intel 80386
    AIRTIME_CONFIG_FILES           = OK
    POSTGRESQL_DATABASE            = OK
    PYTHON_KOMBU_VERSION           = 1.2.0
    PYTHON_POSTER_VERSION          = 0.8.1
    PYTHON_MUTAGEN_VERSION         = 1.20
    PYTHON_PYINOTIFY_VERSION       = 0.9.2
    RABBITMQ_SERVER                = OK
    AIRTIME_VERSION_URL            = http://localhost:80/api/version/api_key/%%api_key%%
    APACHE_CONFIGURED              = YES
    AIRTIME_VERSION                = 1.9.5
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = 3377
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 951
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = 3384
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 951
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = 3443
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 951
    SHOW_RECORDER_PROCESS_ID       = 3413
    SHOW_RECORDER_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 951
    ICECAST_PROCESS_ID             = 1050

-- System setup looks OK!

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Katim

• 18 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Katim,

Did you install using a deb (.deb extension) package or did you download the tarball (.tar.gz)
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Hi Martin,

I used "apt-get install" to install Airtime 1.95.  This after doing "apt-get update" and then "apt-get purge airtime."

Katim

• Is there anything in /var/log/airtime/installation_errors.log
    ?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hi Katim,

It looks like your PHP installation is broken after an upgrade, see the Ubuntu bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/php5/+bug/541439

The workaround is to use this command in a terminal:

sudo rm /etc/php5/conf.d/mhash.ini

Then please do the purge and reinstall again:

sudo apt-get purge airtime
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install airtime

Cheers!

Daniel
  • Hi Daniel and Martin,

Thanks for your suggestions.&
  • Hi Daniel and Martin,

Thanks for your suggestions.  I have followed Daniel's instructions, and the install still doesn't work.  I checked the installation_errors.log, and the following is what I have in there:
    PHP Deprecated:  Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/idn.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Deprecated:  Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/ming.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/apc.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/apc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

And here's the latest version of the output I get from airtime-check-system:
    shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
    chdir: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
    CPU                            = Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  T2330  @ 1.60GHz
    Free RAM                       = 181484 kB
    AIRTIME_VERSION_URL            = http://localhost:80/api/version/api_key/%%api_key%%
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = 19569
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 710
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = 19576
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 710
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = 19634
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 709
    SHOW_RECORDER_PROCESS_ID       = 19603
    SHOW_RECORDER_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 709
    ICECAST_PROCESS_ID             = 1040

Even though it says the system looks OK, I still get the DB Error when I try to log in.

Katim

• Hi Daniel and Martin,

Thanks for your suggestions.  I have followed Daniel's instructions, and the install still doesn't work.  I checked the installation_errors.log, and the following is what I have in there:

And here's the latest version of the output I get from airtime-check-system:
    shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
    chdir: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
    Free RAM                       = 181484 kB
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = 19569
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 710
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = 19576
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 710
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = 19634
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 709
    SHOW_RECORDER_PROCESS_ID       = 19603
    SHOW_RECORDER_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 709
    ICECAST_PROCESS_ID             = 1040

Even though it says the system looks OK, I still get the DB Error when I try to log in.

Katim

• Katim,

What is the output of 

sudo service postgresql status
  • Reply to @Martin+Konecny:

Hi Martin,

The response I get to the command you suggested is as follows:
    Running clusters: 8.3/main
    Katim

• ok i didn't expect to see that. As Daniel said there is something very wrong with your ubuntu setup, you should be have 8.4 installed. Try doing "sudo apt-get purge postgresql" and then "sudo apt-get install postgresql"
  • Reply to @Martin+Konecny:
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    on 11.04 & 11.10 liquidsoap is 1.0b3 not 1.0b2 (like 10.04), that's the first step.
    after, and sorry for this, but for installing airtime prefer the stable version 10.04 (LTS) or wait 12.04 (LTS)
    11.04 and 11.10 are too volatile in their upgrade.

I know, i don't talk about db problems ;)

Post edited by Albert FR at 2011-11-29 07:58:42
  • Reply to @Albert+FR:

Hi Martin,

I followed your suggestions above, and re-installed airtime, but I still
    have an empty database, even though it is created.  My
    installation-errors.log file also still lists the following:

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
    '/usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/apc.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/apc.so:
    cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on
    line 0

In light of Albert's comments, I think I'll just wait for 12.04 LTS, because I won't be downgrading to 10.04.

Again, many thanks for your help!

Katim
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    to avoid this warning just remove file /etc/php5/conf.d/apc.ini
    @katim I said only is not a really good idea, because on a production system you must be sure of yours upgrade.

for a desktop use, 11.10 is really good (not 11.04, to many bugs ;)
    but for a production use, 10.04 is more secure
  • Hi Katim,

No one suggested you should go back to 10.04. I'm saying your system is not really Ubuntu 11.04. You have bits and pieces from an old Ubuntu version (much older than 10.04) that is causing conflicts since we require at least 10.04. It just looks like the one of the ubuntu upgrades has failed.

Using any recent version of Ubuntu is OK.
    @martin I'm ok with you, but I'm talking about update process of this distributions (11.04 an 11.10) ;)
  • Reply to @Albert+FR:

Thanks Martin, Daniel, Albert, and Andrey for all your help.  I will be reviewing my options, and consider upgrading to 11.10.

Katim