Stream only when "on air"?
  • I am operating a small non-profit radio-station which is transmitting a few hours each week on a FM transmitter which is shared with another radio provider who is transmitting 24/7, i am achieving this by "cutting" into their broadcast. I have a setup with a remote icecast2 server which uses the parallel port and a relay-card to switch audio source on the transmitter when an audio-stream on a pre-defined mount-point starts on the server, and then feed the same stream to the same transmitter. When the stream stops it switches back to the original source after a short delay. When i am broadcasting live, i use "internet DJ console", but i don't have a system for automated broadcast of recorded programs yet...
    Airtime seems to have everything i need if i can get it to stream "only" when my scheduled programs starts, and stop the stream when there is
    "nothing scheduled". is this possible?
    Post edited by Terje Hågenstad at 2011-11-19 13:55:19
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Terje,

This is not supported at the moment. The only think I can suggest is disabling icecast in your /etc/airtime/liquidsoap.cfg config file, and re-enable it everytime you need it. 

Everytime you make this change you will need to ensure the changes take effect by using

"sudo service airtime-playout restart".
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Thanks martin but i can't see that would be a useful solution for me, it would not be automated anymore.. or would it.. i am no expert. But if i somehow could have airtime control the relay-card (parallel port) it would have solved the problem.... all i need it to do is run a script when it goes "on air" and another script when it goes "off air" (nothing scheduled). Then i could replace my whole setup with an airtime server on the remote transmitter location...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Paul BaranowskiPaul Baranowski
    If you want to get your hands dirty, this should actually be pretty easy by tweaking the liquidsoap config file.

• There is a ticket here that where we hope to address this soon:

Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro