WP Template Conversion Guidance
  • Hi

I noticed that The Journal template is a convert of a Woothemes Wordpress template.

There are soooo many wonderful templates out there that would no doubt look awesome on Newscoop. I wondered if there is any guidance/how to documentation on how to do this.

I found a page (on the Wiki I think) that set out the concept and how it should function but not specifically a "guide" on what you need to do.

With thanks
    Carl.
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Jakub GórnickiJakub Górnicki
    Hey Carl,

next week we have our annual meetup and WP migration will be one of the topic raised there. On Saturday and Sunday (22/23) we will also have special two day Mediathon (like a hackathon) where such an issue could be addressed - all events will take place in Prague. Are you nearby maybe? Smile

Jakub
  • Hi Jakub

I only wish I were near! I visited Prague once, stunning city. I pretty much spent the week living at the Reduta Jazz club and got lost in the back streets one day for 6 hours on a walk. Wish I could be there again.

However it sounds like you guys have plans for WP compatibility which is great news.

Simply put, the Newscoop workflow system is brilliant. I currently use WP for one website and would like to move it over to Newscoop. This leaves me with the headache of getting into the Cookbook and trying to figure out how to give similar look/functionality to the existing site. If you guys are working on some sort of compatibility, that would help people like me tremendously. I have another online publication in the offing. We've settled on Newscoop to be the system to run it on.

Awesome product guys!!

Carl.
    Hey Carl,

yes we do have a plan it will be in our next release - which will happen sometime soon. One of the thing we will discuss in Prague. Shame you cannot re-do the walks Smile

We try to keep it awesome Smile I'm really happy that you decided to go for Newscoop. Let's stay in touch! And keep an eye for news about our updates.

Jakub
    FYI:
    check here: http://en.flossmanuals.net/newscoop-3-cookbook-3-5-2/ and then section Making Templates

Maybe this will help you in the meantime.

Jakub
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Sava TatićSava Tatić
    Just FYI, we are no longer using Woo themes due to license (and, shall we say, philosophical) incompatibilities with the said company. So whatever you do, please don't base your publication on The Journal.

The list of current off-the-shelf themes is here:

http://www.sourcefabric.org/en/newscoop/themes/

All the best,

Sava