Image hard cropping
  • Please add hard cropping in new version. It would make life much easier. It would be also good for journalists productivity.
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up1Vote Down Micz FlorMicz Flor
    this has been done. i am working on a theme set right now for a client using this feature. it kicks ass Smile and i agree with. it is a good feature to have.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Jakub GórnickiJakub Górnicki
    Hey Tomasz,

can you elaborate what do you mean by hard cropping?

• How to use it?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Micz FlorMicz Flor
    Usage:

resize:
    {{ uri options="image 1 width 300 height 200" }}
    image will be resized to fit in an area of 300x200

resize with cropping:
    {{ uri options="image 1 width 300 height 200 crop top" }}
    image will NOT be resized to fit in an area of 300x200, it will be resized to lowest common axis, and the rest will be cropped.
    crop location can be top/bottom/left/right/center
    in case that excess image is horizontal while vertical crop location is provided, they are translated to horizontal (and vice versa)
    (this means that, if you used left, but you needed to provide either top or bottom, left will be translated to top)

only cropping:
    {{ uri options="image 1 width 300 height 200 forcecrop left" }}
    no resizing will be done, only cropped area will be displayed.
    possible values are: top-left, top(-center), top-right, (center-)left, center(-center), (center-)right, bottom-left, bottom(-center), bottom-right

it was implemented by Sourcefabric developer Ozan Ozbek. if you have questions, you can contact him with the usual first name dot last name at sourcefabric.org. and if you do: tell him you love him for implementing it. and from me, too Smile
  • Hi,

We already implemented this feature, but unfortunately it's currently not released. It will be in next public release, and will be used exactly like Micz described Smile
  • so before releasing the c# image cropping feature, we will just use other image app to crop images. i am really looking forward to your achievement. the codes up here is powerful.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Micz FlorMicz Flor
    Don't know who bsimage is, but just want to complete this thread by saying that this feature is implemented in the current Newscoop release. You can read more about cropping here. And in more detail, the following chapters in the manual: