• Hi there,

Just thought I'd say Hi after installing Airtime for the first time. Funnily enough I'm putting a few ideas together at the moment, and the majority require Airtime so it's a good place to start Wink

A couple of questions:

- is there any native aac or aac+ support in 1.8.1?
    - how imminent is crossfading support? I really need that for what I'm intending on doing. Is there any code I can add to get crossfading already?
    - is it possible to 'live edit' a playlist if it's already 'on air'? Inserting a new track for a special reason, for example.
    - is it possible to set up multiple bitrate streams using Airtime? eg. a low-bandwidth and a high-bandwidth stream, or is that up to icecast to do?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but they're enough for now!

Finally, who's watching Eurovision tonight? Wink

Alex.
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • -AAC support is not natively built in, but if you open a ticket on dev.sourcefabric.org, may be something we implement in the near future.
    -we are currently in discussion about implementing crossfade support
    -you cannot edit a playlist if it has already been scheduled. Currently Airtime is more for automated playback.
    -You can create multiple streams, but you'd have to edit /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/scripts/ls_script.liq manually. If you need help with this I'd more then happy to assist Smile

P.S. creating tickets really helps. We try to build Airtime around the community's needs.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Ofir GalOfir Gal
    Hi Alex.
    We have a thread on crossfades.
    Please feel free to review it and comment with any ideas about this coming feature.

Ofir
  • Thanks for your replies guys. I will need to get to grips with dev.sourcefabric.org so I can raise a ticket about aac - this is quite important to me for bandwidth reasons Smile

• Vote Up0Vote Down Ofir GalOfir Gal
    Hi Alex,
    We are planning to add AAC (and Flac) support in the future.
    No specific release date for this yet.
  • Dear Martin Konecny,

could you please be so kind as to give some hints on ls-script tweaks for adding another stream with specific bitrate?

I suppose its this block that I'll duplicate and introduce some changes to:
        ignore(output.icecast(%mp3,
                host = icecast_host,
                port = icecast_port,
                password = icecast_pass,
                mount = mount_point_mp3,
                fallible = true,
                restart = true,
                restart_delay = 5,
                url = icecast_url,
                description = icecast_description,
                genre = icecast_genre,
                s)
            )

'mount' would have a new mount point name, right?
    But what's the correct syntax to define the %mp3 ?
    Also, can I add an AAC stream this way too?
  • Yes you need to duplicate that block.

Mount is the name of the mountpoint, so put something like "my_station.ogg" or "my_station" (you don't need the file suffix).

You can leave %mp3 as is. Or if you want to make it a vorbis/ogg stream, then use %vorbis instead.

AAC is supported by Liquidsoap if you compile Liquidsoap with it enabled. Unfortunately the version provided with Airtime is not compiled with this enabled.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro