Login form does not respond
  • Hey everybody,

I'm running a test installation of Airtime 1.8.1-1 on the latest Ubuntu Natty Narwhal 11.04 (virtual machine in Virtual Box on my server). Everything worked so far, I got to the login window in no time. I logged in with admin/admin, clicked round a bit and then left the admin panel. Now I adjusted some IP settings in the config files, and the login panel won't let me in anymore.

I can reach the login window just fine (my.machine.ip -> redirect to /login), but whatever credentials I enter, it just reloads the page with blank form fields, and no visual feedback if the login was wrong or if there was an error.

Any ideas or help?
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Whats settings did you change in the config?
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • I changed the database host from the host system database to the localhost on the guest (VM) system.

Here's my conf (sensitive data removed):

[database]
    host = localhost
    dbname = dbname
    dbuser = dbuser
    dbpass = dbpass

[rabbitmq]
    host = localhost
    port = 5672
    user = myuser
    password = mypw
    # vhost = /

[general]
    api_key = <encrypted>
    web_server_user = www-data
    airtime_dir = /var/www/airtime
    base_files_dir = /srv/airtime

[soundcloud]
    connection_retries = 3
    time_between_retries = 60
  • Im assuming you've already modified the postgresql config files so that remote users are allowed to connect?

Have you tried connecting to the remote database via command-line?

psql -h x.x.x.x -U airtime -d airtime
  • I modified the postgresql config file to listen on '*', thus all incoming (for testing purposes).
    # - Connection Settings -

listen_addresses = '*'          # what IP address(es) to listen on;
                                            # comma-separated list of addresses;
                                            # defaults to 'localhost', '*' = all
                                            # (change requires restart)
    port = 5432                             # (change requires restart)

When I try to connect remotely, I get the following error:

homeserver@homeserver-linuxvm:~$ psql -h 192.168.1.245 -U airtime -d airtime
    psql: FATAL:  kein pg_hba.conf-Eintrag f?r Host >>192.168.1.245<<, Benutzer >>airtime<<, Datenbank >>airtime<<, SSL an
    FATAL:  kein pg_hba.conf-Eintrag f?r Host >>192.168.1.245<<, Benutzer >>airtime<<, Datenbank >>airtime<<, SSL aus

192.168.1.245 is the IP of the virtual machine on which I'm running the database + Airtime. By the way, after modifying the postgresql.conf, I only restarted the PGSQL service. Do I need to restart the whole VM?
  • You should edit the pg_hba.conf file as well and add something similar to

host    all         all         192.168.1.0/24        md5

After this, restarting the postgresql service should be enough.
  • This worked like a charm, thanks a lot!