newbie confused
  • i'm totally new here and thinking of installing. question: i have an online radio site that is mostly a talk radio site. i have a few radio hosts wanting to do shows with me i know i can setup timeslots for shows now the question

how do they go live when their show starts do they just start broadcasting through their broadcast software only or do they have to log in first, i'm lost on how they do this, remember they are doing live talk shows. do they use the server broadcast username/password to broadcast, do they use their airtime login information? any help is appreciated.
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Lots of messy information, but i may help you a little bit Smile

Airtime doesn't support live broadcasting right now, so you must record a show, then upload it to you server and then schedule the show.

I think that live broadcasting will be supported in future versions Wink

• would a good work around be to schedule a commercial of sorts inbetween shows as a signal to hosts that one show ended and new one is beginning. trying to figure out a way to host liveshows where everyone starts and ends on time. all of this needs to be done online since hosts/dj's are broadcasting from around the world.
  • As Andrea mentioned, real-time broadcasting is not supported yet as currently it is intended for automated scheduling of predefined playlists. Please submit a feature request at dev.sourcefabric.org
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro