Program - Compiling of?
  • Hi, I'm new to Airtime. I have been given the task to find an Open Source Radio Studio/Broadcasting program running on Linux.

We are in the process of setting up a new local radio station and we are looking at a control system.

My situation is that I need to compile programs consisting of music, advertisements, jingle and "on air" time.

With the music, ads and jingles I do not have a problem. I can save them as individual mp3 files and add them to a playlist. My problem is to "break" the program and put the presenter live on air for 1 or 2 minutes and then continue the program.

The next is how do I break or stop a program which is running to break into it and go live on air. Can I drag 'n drop tracks once the program/playlist is busy playing?

I need to compile a program/schedule where I set up the music for the presenter, but he must have on air time as well...

Many thanks
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Marcel,

Currently we do not support interrupting a scheduled show to go into a live mode where someone can speak.

However we do take feature requests seriously, so please open a ticket detailing what you wrote here, and we will look to fitting this into a future release.

http://dev.sourcefabric.org
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Paul BaranowskiPaul Baranowski
    Currently airtime is meant for the automated portion of your broadcast. There are a number of tools on Linux that allow you to do live shows, such as Mixxx and Internet dj console.

On May 5, 2011, at 7:37 PM, Marcel Upfold <airtime-support@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

>
    > Hi, I'm new to Airtime. I have been given the task to find an Open Source Radio Studio/Broadcasting program running on Linux.
    >
    > We are in the process of setting up a new local radio station and we are looking at a control system.
    >
    > My situation is that I need to compile programs consisting of music, advertisements, jingle and "on air" time.
    >
    > With the music, ads and jingles I do not have a problem. I can save them as individual mp3 files and add them to a playlist. My problem is to "break" the program and put the presenter live on air for 1 or 2 minutes and then continue the program.
    >
    > The next is how do I break or stop a program which is running to break into it and go live on air. Can I drag 'n drop tracks once the program/playlist is busy playing?
    >
    > I need to compile a program/schedule where I set up the music for the presenter, but he must have on air time as well...
    >
    > Many thanks
    >