DB_ERROR No such Table
  • Hi Community,

I am banging my head over this one since a couple of days. Maybe some of you who are already familiar with Airtime might be able to help me out on this one.

I have tried just about everything incl. new installs, re-instals and the latest version from GIT.

Here's my problem:

I have installed the latest version of Airtime using the GIT source and the install went flawless. When I go to the subdomain I have setup (using plesk) I can see the login screen but the Browser Window title already says "DB_ERROR No such table.

Trying to run airtime-db-update for example gives me the following error:

root@xxxxxx:/# /usr/bin/airtime-update-db-settings 
    Airtime root folder found at /var/www/airtime
    Updating /var/www/airtime/application/configs/application.ini
    Updating /var/www/airtime/build.properties
    Updating /var/www/airtime/runtime-conf.xml
    Regenerating propel-config.php
    PHP Warning:  require_once(phing/Project.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/phing/Phing.php on line 22
    PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'phing/Project.php' (include_path='.:') in /usr/share/php/phing/Phing.php on line 22

checking the mentioned folder with ls gives me the following output, showing that the airtime root folder does exists.
    root@xxxxxx:/# ls -l /var/www/airtime/
    insgesamt 20
    drwxr-xr-x 10 xxxxxx psaserv 4096 2011-04-24 15:37 application
    drwxr-xr-x  3 xxxxxx  psaserv 4096 2011-04-24 15:37 build
    drwxr-xr-x 10 xxxxxx psaserv 4096 2011-04-24 15:37 library
    drwxr-xr-x  5 xxxxxx  psaserv 4096 2011-04-24 15:37 public
    drwxr-xr-x  4 xxxxxx  psaserv 4096 2011-04-24 15:37 tests
    root@xxxxxx:/#

I'm pretty convinced that this whole issue revolves around phing somehow. I have checked the include paths within the php.ini files and PEAR is in the include path, at least the path is in the include directive.

Plus when I check the airtime Database through psql it let's me choose the airtime database but a query to show the tables only results in no relations.
    That would mean that the installer did not install the database correctly.

Is there a way to manually import the SQL into the database. I have tried multiple versions of airtime now and they all generate the same issue. Install runs and completes fine, Database and DB User being setup but no sql being inserted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Oh and by the way, Happy Easter to everyone.
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down NaomiNaomi
    Hi, if you're installing from git 1.8.0 did you follow all the instructions on this wiki?
    http://wiki.sourcefabric.org/display/CC/Installing+Airtime+% 28v1.8.0%29

It seems phing has not installed properly for you, try these lines of the installation again

sudo pear channel-discover pear.phing.info
    sudo pear install phing/phing-2.4.2
  • Hi,

thanks for the input. I have solved the phing issue by adjusting the include_path statement within the php.ini. There where 3 of them, one for the apache php module, one for the fcgi module and one for the cli. Plesk huh.

That however didn't solve the issue of the missing database tables.
    After going through the logs it became clear that it was down to a authentication issue.

Once I changed the pg_hba.conf file from postgres to TRUST the install went fine and finally the tables have been setup and it is working now.

The only missing thing now is to resolve the "can't open tmp dir" error I'm getting when trying to upload media.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down NaomiNaomi
    there's another person with that problem right now in this thread

http://forum.sourcefabric.org/index.php/m/10575/#msg_10575

maybe something there will help.
  • with new installation of ubuntu 10.0.4 on vbox

i recive an error after

sudo pear install phing/phing-2.4.2

the bug and the easy solution is here:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=619307

• Thanks Fabio we also had this problem. Not sure why the problem started just recently when installing pear but I've updated the install instructions on the wiki.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Martin Konecny wrote on Wed, 04 May 2011 17:31
    Thanks Fabio we also had this problem. Not sure why the problem started just recently when installing pear but I've updated the install instructions on the wiki.

Ok my Solution..

install Airtime -> if you recive "DB_ERROR No such Table" -> sudo mkdir -p /tmp/pear/cache -> Set Permission with chmod on /tmp/pear/cache -> sudo pear install phing/phing-2.4.2 -> Unistall Airtime and Re-install airtime.