Live Show
  • I'm new to this.. my first experience with this product is great..I love this.

I'm just wondering how I can do the live show..Is there a work around using airtime and other third party products?

Thanks
    CK
  • 13 Comments sorted by
  • Hi CK,
    On April 4th we will be releasing version 1.7 of Airtime.
    In this version you will have the capability to record a live show with Airtime and schedule a rebroadcasting of it.

• This is Perfect. Looking forward to the new release.
    Is there a beta/developer version that we can test?

Sorry, it took me some time to respond. Was on travel.

Thanks
    CK
  • Yes, Version 1.7Alpha is available for testing

Please share your findings with us.

Ofir
  • Here are the errors when I run the script.

============================================================ ====
    ck@ckmc171:~/src/Airtime/install$ sudo php airtime-install.php
    ******************************** Install Begin *********************************

*** Database Installation ***
    * Creating Airtime database user
    * Database user 'airtime' already exists.
    * Creating Airtime database
    * Database 'airtime' already exists.
    * Connected to database
    * Installing Postgresql scripting language
    * Postgres scripting language already installed
    * Creating database tables
    * Storage directory setup

*** Directory Setup ***
    * Failed creating
    ck@ckmc171:~/src/Airtime/install$
    ============================================================ ===

Also I see a typo in the name of the directory in Step-8 of installation

cd ~/src/airtime/install

airtime should have been Airtime.

Any help here is great. I'm kind of stuck here.

Thanks
    CK

• Hi CK,
    It seems you are running an old installation of Airtime and not v1.7

We've now added the version of Airtime to the top of the installation script to make it more clear.

Please download the latest code of Airtime 1.7 and run it again.

Post here the output of the installation script in case you encounter any issues.
  • CK,

Thanks for your post, I've found that your problem is indeed a bug in our latest Airtime. If you do another pull from the repository, the problem should be fixed.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Hi Martin,

The install went fine. Great.

Now I'm not able to create play list. When I click on 'Playlist Builder", it gives me an option to create a new play list, but when I click on "New", it disappears and doesn't give me an option to name it (or) grab the files from the right window to move. The left box is completely empty.

Now I can't event even play anything as I can't create playlist from GUI (webbrowser). Is there a command line option/method of creating playlists?

Thanks
    CK
  • Can you please try and clear your browser cache and reload the page?
  • Ofir,
    I have done that as well as accessed the page from a different machine with different browsers. There is no difference.

Thanks
    CK
  • Problem resolved, please download the latest code and re-install
  • Afir - it worked great. Thanks for all the quick fixes. I will test more this week end.

Is the a command line option for me to generate a stream and send it to ice cast server within Airtime framework. That would be fantastic to add if it is not yet planned.

Also the ability to stop what is playing and play directly from the media library would be a good and important feature to add.

Thanks again for such a wonderful tool and it really works well for an automated playlists.

CK
  • Any news about v1.7?

@Chandra, I guess you can pause airtime and use a 3rd party tool (like: RadioBOSS, Nicecast, Flumotion etc...) to stream to icecast.

I have the same need as you, and I'm new to this, so far this is what I thought of, I'll test it within this weekend and feed you back.

• one last thing, as I'm new to this whole online radio, I'm putting my research results in a paper, if you'd like to take a look at it:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=17LmFgGVLRcswWyh65em OLOuCbvAjmQHlzJc28pUuAmU