Translating the journal
  • hi,
    I'm translating "the journal"'s user interface to my language(turkish),because i'm going to use it for a local newspaper Smile . but i'm stuck Sad ,
    i translated everything which is in ".tpl" files, but i couldn't find where the error messages are when i realized that there have been error messages to translate Very Happy

to sum up; where are the error messages? Where(in which file) can i translate them? For example; the message which appears when someone couldn't add a comment to an article.

Thanks for helping Rolling Eyes ,
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    hi,

check localizer in administration UI: menu CONFIGURE\Localaizer (choose Comments screen)
  • i had tried localizer but i've been thinking that it'd been only for translating the admin UI (am i wrong ? Shocked ).And i couldn't find error messages(which im looking for) there Sad (not in comment or global screen).

i guess, i should be more clear; When i try to add some comments to article without entering security code(am-i-human-code), i get this message "Please enter the code shown in the image. action_comment_submit_err_no_captcha_code" .
    or if i try to add a comment without entering comment content, i get this message "The comment content was not filled in. action_comment_submit_err_no_content"

These messages are which im looking for. Can you tell me where they are, so that i can translate them

thanks
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    these messages are placed in template_engine/metaclasses/MetaActionSubmit_Comment.php file.
    It will be covered by Localizer in future release: http://dev.sourcefabric.org/browse/CS-3012
  • Eventually, i can translate. Thanks for helping