mp3 renaming and 1.7
  • Hello All,

Its me once more. I been playing with airtime a lot. I hope to implement 1.7 when its done. Wondering if the database importing is fixed so i don't have to reinstall ?

Furthermore, I got two instances of my mp3 files atm. One for my dj's with the normal files and names. But when importing them to Airtime, Airtime makes a copy and renames them. Its probably to filter out if the file is proper or cut off. Maybe it's and idea to save time and start stop info of the mp3 file in the database and use the original filestore ? It would be a pain to import the 2 tb in music into airtime and let it be converted. I would favour a solution that uses my original files.

Another thing i been running into while testing with the radiomakers is that there should be more ways to filter the mp3 search list while composing a playlist. They would like to have a tree like structure. That can be composed in different ways. Like sorted by year. Sorted by artist, by genre etc.

So far my new input and requests

cheers,
    Jeroen (RadioA6)
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • In 1.7 there will be an update option that won't wipe your database.

For the importing, you should be able to solve you problem using airtime/utils/airtime-import

There you can import via linking or via copying.

Quote:
    Another thing i been running into while testing with the radiomakers is that there should be more ways to filter the mp3 search list while composing a playlist. They would like to have a tree like structure. That can be composed in different ways. Like sorted by year. Sorted by artist, by genre etc.

Thanks for the feedback, we've already had discussions about the playlist view, and will be improving it in the future.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Hi Jeroen,

We've implemented airtime-update.php but for maintaining the stability of your database, don't update to 1.7 until official release.

There's an option to link to the MP3 and not to copy them.
    under the Airtime folder run
    cd utils
    airtime-import

use the -l option to link to the original files.
  • Wow,

Well guess you guys have been working hard ( not that i ever doubted that ). I didn't know that most of the functionality already have been implemented.

Sounds really good. Seems like the stable will be running as soon as its available Wink