Xiph Directory
  • So the Xiph stream directory doesn't recognize Opus or Vorbis streams. Anyone know what's up? Opus streams come up as an "unknown" codec. Brute forcing the mime type doesn't seem to matter. This is probably more of a bug in liquidsoap than anything right?
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • put something  in there forum here http://icecast.imux.net/

curious of the answer I see metadata here
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Hey! Maybe you're confused? This isn't the "unknown" metadata booger at streaming players like VLC. That's a separate issue. Their YP bot is misidentifying Opus and Ogg streams. Noticed Vorbis comes up as appilcation/ogg mime type in Icecast rather than audio/ogg. Tried forcing it to various stuff to no avail.

In the directory, along the right side of the listed radios, there's a little group that titled "Tune in:" with M3U and XSPF links. Then there's a detected audio codec listed on the third row. That's where it's saying "unknown". Something isn't properly describing the stream to the YP or the stream packets aren't organized quite right and the bot is trained to verify codecs somehow. We shall soon see!

Post edited by Roger Wilco at 2016-07-06 20:53:28